Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Chapter 4 {DANIELLE}

DANIELLE

When I got inside Nate's house, I awkwardly stood in the doorway. He turned around and looked at me, waiting for one of us to speak. 

"You want some clothes to wear in the meantime? You're kind of shivering." He asked with a small laugh. 

I nodded my head and he walked off upstairs, probably to his room. 

Was Nate actually being nice to me? I didn't even really know how to act towards him without being a bitch, especially after that encounter with stupid Johnny. I'm gonna hold that against him for a long time. He acted like such an ass. I guess I could just be nice for the time being though, considering I'm stuck here for a while. 

Nate walked back into the room with a stack of clothes in his hands and handed them to me. "Here, you can change in my room." 

I looked down awkwardly for a moment before walking upstairs to his bedroom, seeing him plop down on his couch before I reached the top of the stairs. 

When I got to his room, I was kind of taken back. I hadn't been in here since I was little. Sure, I'd seen a million times through my window, but it was different actually being inside of the room. Everything was different. He used to have little planes dangling from the ceiling and superhero stuff all over, including on his bedspread. I smiled thinking about it. His room now consisted of a grey bedspread and no superhero anything in sight. 

I quickly changed into his clothes, which consisted of a pair of black joggers and a white short sleeved shirt. Both were huge on me, I was just too cold to really care. My damp swimsuit underneath didn't really help any, but I couldn't really take it off so I sucked it up.

I was about to walk downstairs to Nate when there was a knock at his bedroom door.

"You done in there?" he asked from the other side of the door.

I mumbled a "yeah" before he opened the door.

He began to laugh quietly and motioned to his clothes I was wearing. "Guess we aren't exactly the same size to be sharing clothes anymore."

I looked down as his sweatpants were super baggy on me and began to laugh a little as well.

Nate took a seat on his bed and glanced down at his watch. "Well, it's only noon, we have hours to kill. What ya wanna do?"

I shrugged in response, not really caring what we did.

"Okay..." Nate started, as if he was in deep thought. "You hungry?"

I shrugged again. I was hungry but I didn't want to admit it.

Nate smirked and popped up. "I know you're hungry. Let's go!" He started walking out of his room, me following behind him.

We went down to his kitchen and he started digging through the fridge, then pulled out strawberries.

"You still like these?" He asked as he started eating some and motioned for me to eat some as well.

"Thank you." I thanked him as I ate some.

We sat in silence for a moment until Nate finally spoke, startling me in the process. "Oh, I just remember my iPad is charged! Let's watch a movie."

I laughed as he ran upstairs and came back with his big iPad and sat on the couch motioning for me to follow.

"I am so happy I downloaded Stranger Things offline now," he stated as I sat on the couch with him and he pulled it up.

"I haven't seen that yet," I said as I watched his screen. I've heard it's creepy, so I didn't even really know if I wanted to watch it. That'd only make those bad dreams I always got worse. I wasn't about to admit that to him though.

"It's so good. You'll like it," he stated as the show started.

We watched for a few hours without really talking at all before he looked at the time and it was about 3:45. Sam was going to be home from school soon and he would probably worry if I wasn't there.

"I should probably go," I exclaimed as I stood up. "Sam's gonna be home any minute."

"Hey, before you go," Nate started as he stood up as well. "Just wanted to say that you should probably start closing your window when you go to bed, the whole neighborhood can hear you screaming."

My face dropped immediately as I watched a smirk play across his face. He's back to being an asshole. I mocked a fake laugh before walking out the door of his house and walking to my front porch.

I sat there for a moment, waiting for Sam, before I remembered. The windows. God, I felt stupid. All the windows are open, I could have just crawled in through one earlier.

I made my way to the back porch window and pulled the screen out, then shoved myself through and put the screen back in.

I ran upstairs to my room and the knot that was in my throat before I went into Nate's house suddenly came back. I hated him and Johnny so much. I didn't understand why they were such assholes to me.

I thought I was going to cry, thinking back to the things they said and back to the night, the night it all happened. Right when I was about to break down, there was a knock at the door, so I pulled myself to together and ran downstairs.

When I opened the door, Sam walked in and started talking but I didn't really listen to a word he said. Instead, I forced a smile then went back up to my room, receiving an odd look from Sam along the way.

I laid down on my bed and yanked my curtains closed that faced Nate's bedroom. I hated him.

The rest of the day went by slowly, mostly because I just sat in my room.

When it got to be around 10:00 I grabbed a small candle and went to bed, telling my mom to come put it out for me when she goes to bed.

~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys, thank you for reading, I appreciate it a lot!  Feel free to vote and/or leave a comment giving some feedback(: