Part 2 Chapter 1: Mysterious Box

It was another beautiful sunset in the museum was bigger and busier than ever! Because of all of the new exhibits, Larry had returned as the part time night guard. It was after hours and all the exhibits were brought to life just as they do every night. Larry and and Tilly began to make their rounds to let everyone out for the night. "I'll let the guys in the Egyptian Exhibits, Jed, and Octavius out while you do the neanderthals, pilgrims, and the others." Larry said. "You got is boss man!" Tilly said happily. She then made her way towards the neanderthals to start her part of the nightly rounds. "Okay people look alive!" Dr McPhee said as he walked into the main part of the museum. "Or just keep doing what you are already doing." He said as he looked around and noticed everyone already wandering the museum. "Ah Larry, there you are!" he said as he approached Larry. "Everything okay Dr. McPhee?" Larry asked. "No! Everything is not ok! We are getting in a new shipment of more exhibits throughout the week and I want you to make sure they adjust properly when they wake up. I don't want any of them wrecking my museum and causing any damage of any kind to anything!" Dr McPhee said to Larry and Tilly as he fixed his tie.

The next morning, the museum received in a large shipment of wax figures of various people throughout history, famous athletes and fairytales. Larry and Tilly had returned for their night guard shift. After they got to the museum before sunset, Larry and Tilly moved the boxes into the main part of the museum. "New people in 5,4,3,2,1!" Tilly said as she and Larry moved back to allow the new arrivals space. A large group of humans and animals exited their shipping units. "Hi! I'm Larry and this is Tilly" he started as he motind to the blonde beside him. "Hi" she said with a wave. Larry then brought out some of the others to show the new arrivals to their exhibits. "And finally. Elaine. You will be escorted by... Ah! Lancelot" Larry said as he read off of the list. A woman with pale skin and long wavy blonde hair stepped forward. "Lancelot?" Elaine inquired. "Ah! Lady Elaine! How um... delightful to see you again!" Lancelot said carefully. Elaine lowered her head as she approached the male. She then raised one of her arms and Lancelot prepared to kiss her hand when she suddenly brought her hand back and slapped him hard across the face. She then lifted her head and looked up at him with tears streaming down her pale face. Lancelot put a hand to his cheek that Elaine slapped.

"What's going on? Why are you crying? And why did you slap him?" Tilly asked confused. Lancelot held up a hand, signaling her to be quiet. "How dare you!" Elaine roared. "How dare I?! How dare you! You tricked me into sleeping with you! Twice!" Lancelot roared. "I was already punished! You were going to kill me!" She shouted. "But I didn't!" he responded. "Because I was with child. And not just any child! Your child! And instead of killing me, you kissed me and the second time after I gave birth to your child, you ignored me! All I wanted was some affection from the man that I loved, who I thought loved me back! And when Guinevere found us in bed together, she dumped you and instead of you FINALLY leaving her to be with her husband, you went mad, got naked, jumped out of a window, and ran away!" She rebutled. "I think it's about time that someone stepped in" Larry commented. "Worry not Lawrence. I'll get things under control!" Teddy said confidently. He then approached the couple and got in between them. "My dear, do you love this man?" Teddy asked Elaine. "Eons ago I would have said yes. But now" she said as she looked straight at Lancelot. "Now, I say no" she said seriously. "Harsh." Tilly commented quietly. "Lancelot, do you love that woman" Teddy asked. "No. She is not my Guinevere!" Lancelot responded.

Elaine stared at him coldly before she turned to face Larry and Tilly. "If you wouldn't mind, I would like to go to my new exhibit now" Elaine said. "Oh! Sure. Tilly can you please show her to where she is supposed to go?" Larry asked. "Let's go girlfriend" Tilly said as she had Elaine follow her. "Yeah so like I am so glad that my boyfriend is not like that!" Tilly said as she told Elaine all about Laa.

While walking past the Egypt exhibit, Tilly noticed Ahkmenrah sitting alone on top his sarcophagus holding and playing with a box while he had his crown next to him on the floor. "Who is that?" Elaine asked. "That's King Ahkmenrah. His tablet brings everything in here to life!" Tilly explained as she pointed to the tablet on the wall behind him. Elaine left Tilly's side and approached him. "Hello" she said softly. "Oh. Hello. I am King Ahkmenrah. Who might you be?" He asked as he hid the box behind him. "I am Lady Elaine of Corbenic. How do you do?" she asked. "I am well. How do you do?" He asked her as he carefully slid off of the top. He then picked up his crown off of the floor and put it onto his head. "I am well thank you." she responded.

"What you got there?" Tilly asked the young king as he tried to hide the small box behind him. "What? This? It's nothing." He replied as he put the box down on top of where he was just sitting. "You seem upset? Would you mind if I ask why?" Elaine asked worriedly. "Hey guys, everyone is all settled in and we got your booth all set up. What's with the box Ahk?" Larry asked as he came into the exhibit and noticed the box that Ahkmenrah was holding. Ahkmenrah then started to carefully open the box. "This box holds very special memories for me." He said as he pulled out a smaller box out of the box. He then set the box that it was stored in down onto the top of his sarcophagus and started to open the smaller box. "What is it?!" Tilly asked impatiently. Ahkmenrah then opened the smaller box all the way and held out a gold embroidered ring. "A ring?" Tilly commented. "Not just any ring. This ring was my original wedding ring." Ahkmenrah said as he admired all of the small details that had been saved from it. "Wedding ring? I never knew that you were married." Larry asked Ahkmenrah confused. "Yes. She was the love of my life. And after she moved on into the afterlife, I had her hidden away in my tomb so that no one would disturb her in the afterlife. Since I was unable to protect her that well when she was alive, it was my way of protecting her in the afterlife. Afterall, it was because of me that she died." Ahkmenrah explained as he looked down at the ring and let out a sigh. Elaine put a hand over where her heart was. "How did she die?" Tilly asked. "No one knew. All I know is that I went to go give her an anniversary gift that I had made for her and after I came back, she was dying. A few seconds later, she died in my arms ."Ahkmenrah explained. "From the sounds of it, her death wasn't your fault. It's very romantic that you want to protect her in the afterlife. I wish Lancelot would have been like that with me" Elaine said. "I made a vow to her on our wedding day that I would always protect her no matter what. And I never intended on breaking that promise!" Ahkmenrah replied as he started to tear up. Elaine gently put a hand on Ahkmenrah's back and she slowly rubbed his back. "There there. A person can only do so much" Elaine said soothingly. "I appreciate your concern but either way, the past is the past and I know that I will never get to see her again." He said as he walked towards his tablet. "Life is too short to focus on the past. Let us go and have fun tonight." Ahkmenrah said as he walked towards the archway leading to the main part of the museum. Tilly, Elaine and Larry then walked out behind him to join the party. That night was filled with laughter, light, music and everyone's company.