One

~15 months earlier~

"Cas, we need to talk. Can I come over, it's important?" Luke gulped into the phone holding back his tears.

"Yeah.." Cassidy answered confusion laced in her voice. "Luke, what's wrong?" She asked concerned for her boyfriends well being.

"I'll be there in a few, see you then Cas." He replied completely ignoring her question.

Cassidy, better known as Cas, paces around her lounge waiting for the bell to ring. When it does she rushes to the door.

"Luke." She exclaimed out of breath from all of the shock.

"Cas." He answered in the same way she said his name. "Can we sit down?" He asked making Cas gulp because that's never good.

"Of course." She answered timidly. They make their way to the couch nervously. You can just feel the tension. "What's wrong babe?" She asked once they sit down. Luke stares her right into the eyes, and that's when she knows. There is something horribly wrong. She can just see the pain in Luke's eyes. "Luke?" She croaked wanting to cry.

"Cas, I don't know any other way to say this, I'm leaving." He blurted. Cas looks down to her shaky hands then back at her boyfriend.

"What do you mean?" She asked confused. A stray tear slips from her eye. And she knows that this is only going to get worse when Luke doesn't wipe away her tears like he always does.

"The band, we're going on tour, we're going on tour with One Direction, isn't that great?" He said seemingly trying to convince himself more than Cassidy.

"Yeah, I guess." She sighed wiping away her own tears. "Then why do you look so sad. Shouldn't we be happy? I can come with you and the guys, and we can do this together like we always do." She said smiling a bit. Maybe Luke's just overreacting.

"Cas, look." Her smile automatically falls when she realized he's not done. "You can't come with us." He sighed hunching over to hide his face in his hands.

"Why not? I have nothing better to do." She assured him going to rub his back to comfort him. Luke flinches away making her pull her hand back. "What now?" She asked exasperated. This conversation is really taking a toll on her.

"Because, I think it'd be weird to take my ex girlfriend on tour with me." He explained slowly looking back into Cassidy's now teary eyes.

"Is that your sick way of dumping me?" She sobbed then threw her hand over her mouth when she realized how weak she sounds.

"Cas, I think that I need to do this on my own. I can't have any distractions and having a girlfriend would be one. All of us guys agreed. If you came with me you'd just distract me, and if we had a long distance relationship I'd just always be thinking of you. I need to have a clear head while preforming and writing."

"None of the other guys even have girlfriends! How is that fair that they decide this for you, for us?" Cas choked on her words. She was feeling very emotional at this point.

"Well maybe I decided I don't need any distractions!" Luke growled wanting to get this over with.

"So now I'm a distraction? What ever happened to "I love you Cas" or "I'll never leave you babe. We'll be together forever" ?" She asked mocking his voice because at that point she was just pissed. "I gave up college for you. I could be in New York right now but I stayed for you!" She cried jabbing a finger at him.

"I know and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have held you back from New York. You should even go to New York now. And I do love you Cas, and I always will. But this is just more important than you." Cassidy's jaw dropped at his words. Tears immediately streamed down her face because Luke had just broken almost every single promise he had ever made her. And he insulted her at the same time. She was wrong, he's not different. Luke is just like everyone else.

"Fuck. You." She seethed. "Take your fucking cocky ass and leave. I don't ever want to see you again. If you ever try to call me, see me, touch me, or even fucking look at me again, I will kill you. Leave, now." Luke got up and gave her one last look.

"I'm sorry it had to end like this Cas." He sighed before turning and walking out the door.

Once Luke was gone Cassidy pulled at the necklace around her neck given to her for her 18th birthday by Luke. The heart necklace that had their initials engraved into it. C+L

She stomped over to her room and picker up a pillow and just screamed into it. Luke broke her, and then he left, just like everyone else did.

Cassidy showered and when she went to put on one of her sleep t shirts, she realized it was Luke's. That just made her scream even more. She gripped the Blink 182 shirt that smelt like Luke in her hands and just ripped. She let out a frustrated scream when it only made a small tear. Cassidy throws it onto her bedroom floor and snuggles up with her pillow crying herself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Cas woke up to her doorbell ringing. She walked down the stairs with puffy eyes and a red nose. Her hair probably looked like something was living in it.

She opened the door to find Ashton Irwin awkwardly standing there. "Hey Cas, I have some of your stuff for you that was at Luke's place.." He explained awkwardly carrying in a cardboard box labeled "Cas".

"Thanks." Cassidy mumbled half heartedly grabbing the box from his hands. "I'm guessing you want Luke's stuff?" Cassidy asked when she notices he's not leaving just yet.

"Yeah, I can get it if you want..?" Ashton lingered.

"Whatever. Help yourself." Cassidy said waving him off with an attitude. She would usually feel bad about that but considering he's part of the reason her and Luke broke up, she didn't mind.

Ten minutes later Ashton comes back to the living room with another box he brought along full of Luke's stuff. "Are you done?" She asked trying to keep a tough face.

"Cas, if it makes you feel any better, it was my vote to bring you along. I was all for you coming on tour with us." Ashton explained sympathetically putting a hand on Cassidy's shoulder.

"What was the vote exactly?" Cassidy asked her voice cracking.

"Aw Cas." Ashton cooed pulling her to the couch with him. "Please don't cry over this. Luke is an ass, he's too stupid to realize how special you are." Ashton soothed rubbing Cassidy's back comfortingly.

"I'm not special Ash!" She cried and Ashton just pulled her closer. "If I was special people would actually mean it when they said they loved me."

"Look Cassidy, there's something I always wanted to tell you. Ever since ninth grade. But Luke beat me to it." Ashton sighed pulling back a bit to look at her. "I've always thought you were the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on. I only told Michael though because we all knew Luke liked you too. And sadly he asked you out before I did because I was afraid you'd reject me. And Cassidy, I can't tell you that I love you, because I never got the chance to find out if I do. But Cas, you mean a lot to me and I'm sorry that Luke hurt you. If it was me I would've made sure you came along and we stayed together forever cause your amazing."

After Ashton told Cassidy how he felt Cassidy couldn't help but think of all the possibilities. Would she have said yes if he asked before Luke did? Would she love Ashton the way she loves Luke? Would she be happy with Ashton right now instead of crying over Luke?

"Cas, please say something." Ashton begged feeling very insecure. He figured this was his last chance and it was now or never.

Cassidy didn't want to say something though. She wanted to do something else. She put her arms around Ashton's neck and pulled him in for a kiss. At first, Ashton didn't respond out of shock. But after a few seconds he quickly kissed back. Ashton's hands found their way to Cassidy's hips as he pushed her down on to the couch. "Cas." Ashton moaned as she slipped her tongue into his mouth. Ashton's hands travelled to the hem of Cassidy's shirt. When two hands abruptly stop him, he pulls away. "Oh god Cas, I'm so sor-" Ashton begins thinking Cas will be upset.

Cas takes him by surprise when she asks "bedroom?" But Ashton doesn't hesitate to say yes.