Twelve 🍄

"Gender, age, easy." Ryan mumbled as he began the test, his thumbs hovering hesitantly for a moment over 'orientation'.

"Yeah, and orientation mister "I love only titties"." Brendon joked as Ryan quickly switched it to 'heteroflexible/bicurious' without any remark except for a weak laugh.

"Also, you should do the extended version of the test because it gets a better grasp of how you are on both sides of the spectrum. Y'know, accuracy."

"Done and done." Ryan took in a deep breath and he continued to the next page, being met with several questions whose answers ranged from red to green; disagreement to agreement. "'I like to be dominated, especially in the bedroom.'? Damn, we're getting right to the point huh?" He giggled, and heard Brendon softly reciprocate it.

"What was your answer?"

"I'm not telling you, creepy ass." He mocked up at Brendon's dim face as he clicked through the page. Just as he thought he read a question wrong, he reread it and his expression twisted into disgust. "'I enjoy being used as a urinal.'?? Is that a thing?? Gross!"

"Hey now, don't be a kink shamer. No one likes a kink shamer." Brendon said firmly.

Ryan but his lip feeling with his eyes averted downward, sort of embarrassed at how rude his remark seemed, "oh, sorry, I didn't really thing about it-"

"I'm just fucking with you, I'm not all that into it either," he cut in and giggled, "but in all seriousness, be careful who you say that shit around cause someone might punch you for shit talking their kinks. There's a lot of things out there you won't be interested in but many people love it."

"Uhhhh, noted." He sighed a laugh out of his nose and continued uncomfortably choosing whether or not he agreed with each question. Just as he thought he was getting a normal-ish question, another would pop up and talk about slavery, cages, pain, and fear. He tried his best to deny every bit of it, especially the dominant questions, but for some reason he couldn't help but click the greener answers for some of them. It sort of became a pattern, one in every four was an agreement, two of those four were disagreement, and the last lied within the middle.

"Are you almost finished?"

"Patience is key," he said sarcastically, "I'm almost done." He stopped when the style of the page changed and had paragraphs explaining each kink; vanilla, master, experimentalist, etc.

"Do I like boring sex? Well, in reality I don't know yet, but I'm gonna go with disagree on that one." He giggled, Brendon was especially quiet on the other line; that was very unusual for him. He glanced up just to see him with his hand positioned against his mouth, he looked thoughtful, spaced out. "No, I don't want to exhibit my naked body, but.."

"But what?"

"Oh, nothing."

Brendon rolled his eyes even though Ryan didn't see it. "Well you have to tell me now."

He sighed, "Slave seems somewhat extensive, but for some reason it intrigues me, you know?"

"Well.. yeah, I sort of do."

"Oh, looks like I'm finished."

"Send me the-"

"I know, I know."

He looked up to see Brendon pick up his phone after it vibrated. His face broke out in a smile.

"You were just talking shit about vanilla sex but you're mostly zeros and you're 46% vanilla

"You were just talking shit about vanilla sex but you're mostly zeros and you're 46% vanilla." Brendon busted out laughing, and Ryan turned red in annoyance.

"I'm just not into all that dominant stuff, okay? I'm not into age stuff either." He huffed.

"You're a year younger than me, aren't ya?"

"Shut up, that's not the same thing."

"I'm kidding." He snickered softly, "59% brat, I can agree with that one."

"I will hang up on you."

"Nooooo please don't," He tried to hide the fact he was giggling, but he couldn't hide his grin. "Wait a minute, you're a masochist?"

"That's when someone likes getting hurt, right?"

"Yeah, like the other half of a sadist."

"I mean, I guess. It's all I've ever known anyway." He laughed to ensure Brendon knew it was a joke, "yeah, I can get down with some pain stuff."

"Well, what kind of pain stuff?"

"I'm still trying to figure that out. I had this one girlfriend that was really physical when we play fought and she scratched my neck and arms up, she bit my tit so hard it bruised and I wasn't even mad at her. I kinda liked the way the marks looked and felt afterwards."

"Wasn't that, like, sort of domestic violence in a way?"

"No, I told you I liked it."

"But did she know you did?"

"I dunno," Brendon barely caught his shrug, "anyway, I especially liked the neck stuff, I think my neck and torso are my weak spots."

"Do you like being choked?"

Ryan shifted. "I-I don't know yet."

"You know, you could always try it yourself." His voice seemed to drop an octave, "next time you're sinning in bed alone, wrap those pretty little fingers around your throat and give it a try." He smirked when he saw Ryan gulp thickly, but that pride was cut short.

"A-anyway, back to the topic at hand," He said suddenly, "I don't know what I want cause I usually try to leave it up to the other person and what they want me to do for them, but it's never really worked out for me."

The other line was silent again, and Brendon seemed to be looking down at something off camera. He was chewing his lip, uneasy, and soon enough Ryan realized Brendon was rolling small pieces of paper like they'd once discussed he does when he's anxious. Before Ryan could as if he's okay, Brendon blurted.

"R-Ryan?"

"..yes?" He said hesitantly.

"I like you. I like you like you, in that way. I-I have since the beginning, I just didn't know how to tell you. If I could do it all again, I'd go back and change everything. Everything about you is perfect.." his voice trailed off when he saw Ryan looked as if he'd spotted a ghost.

"Say something." But, instead the pale brunet moved his arm quickly, and Brendon felt a heaviness in his chest when his screen read "call ended".