Green 💚

"Fuck," Jake said underneath his breath as he watched the man place his hand on Amy's shoulder as she laughed in response to something he said. Clenching his fists as he attempted to focus on the case file on his desk. He had never actually read a file all the way through during his time at the Nine-nine. He sometimes wondered why he hadn't been fired already. His attention was pulled back to the scene in front of him as he heard Amy's beautiful laugh. He felt sick to his stomach a feeling he couldn't truly explain as someone other than him made his wife laugh.

He knew this feeling which he didn't want to name. It's not like it was a new feeling for him still he hated the way it clawed at his heart so painfully. The emotion was just so opposite of him, of who he was. He was so full of warmth but the feeling was cold piercing through his heart.

*Flashback*

Jake's eyes flashed green with jealousy as he stared intensely at his homework He was in the school's library his papers splayed across a table and his knuckles turning white as he clutched his pencil to his paper. His palms were sweaty and he couldn't focus on the paper he was writing for global history due to the fact that Sarah Long was standing about 5 feet away from him flirting with some guy from the football team.

It's not like she was his girlfriend or anything and it was perfectly fine for her to flirt with another guy. But then why did it make him so...angry. It was somewhat of an unfamiliar feeling to him. The tightness in his chest as he ran his hands through his hair in a somewhat anxious fashion. She looked so beautiful under the sun flowing through the window making her dark hair shine. Her dark brown eyes under long eyelashes that she batted flirtatiously at... what's his name.?

Oh...Justin Anderson, golden boy, captain of the football team, and generally nice person. It would be so nice if he was an asshole. But he wasn't. It didn't help that he was handsome either. Which made Jake somewhat self-conscious. His long curly brunette locks didn't compare to his slicked-back golden ones. His acne-ridden face felt ugly in comparison. He subconsciously tried to flatten his hair but it refused to cooperate leaving it more of a mess than before.

Sarah would never like him more than I guy like that. He thought this was what jealousy was but really he was more sad than jealous though. She laughed loudly and I could swear she winked at me but it was probably directed towards him.

*End of Flashback*

This was jealousy, wasn't it? Each time that man put his hand casually on Amy's shoulder it made him want to punch him. He decided to take control of the situation.

He stood up almost tripping over some unidentifiable food Boyle decided needed to be fermented under his desk. Not that he didn't love his best friend but it reeked. Almost as much as the mysterious mold growing his desk drawer.

He walked up behind Amy and slowly wrapped his arm around her waist. She was very alert and after a second of shock relaxed a little into his arm still seemingly surprised by the sudden closeness.

"Jake! I almost thought you were dead. I never heard you be so quiet well...since ever." She said smiling lightly her arms wrapped around some files and her hair tied back in her signature ponytail. It was strange how he never thought someone could be that beautiful before her. The fact that she was so strong and intelligent made him admire her even more. Every day when he thought he couldn't love her any more than he did the last he did. When looking at her at that moment all the jealousy he felt went away. And he just felt grateful. That in his lifetime he was able to know someone who he knew would change the world.

"Just...you look really beautiful today," he said a little breathlessly.

She blushed a little and then stuttering said "You too...I mean you look handsome."

For a second Jake forgot the man standing in front of them. And felt such love for his wife. At that moment he didn't really care about anyone else.

"Wow Ames real sappy. I would expect more from you," he said jokingly.

Hi, it's me the author! I hope you liked this chapter! I know I haven't updated in forever but I'll try from now on to finish. I'm only making two for chapters so I hope you like blue and purple coming soon. And by request, I might make a pink just cause Bi flag colors! Consider this is a gift for the holidays!-Elle