The Adventures of Lana: Book 1, School of Guards

The School of Guards is a secret school for boys and girls to train to guard important children of our world. No one knows that the school exists, not even the people who hire us. Many of the students are orphans that the school has adopted. They adopt kids of all ages and ethnic backgrounds. Not everyone is able to work at the toughest level so the kids are sent to do other inside jobs.

Okay so, look at it this way, the School is like a cross between Division from the TV show Nikita and Xaviers school in X-men. I know, really cool. 

Oh, so by the way, my name is Lana. I am currently working it partnership with the School. I'm taking a fun little break from....well from what is not really important right now. Let’s just say that I am a lot older than I look and I have some seriously....interesting adventures. There was this one time with a dragon...oh right, back to the school. So my, let’s call them ACTS, sent me on a mission to help with this school called, well you know, School of Guards. I am supposed to teach what I know about defense, stealth, and pretty much all around being a ninja. For the moment I am 18 years old so I will be living in the 18 wing. 

A little about me that you should know. I am originally 5'10. Originally, I have brown hair, hazel eyes and fair skin. Now when I say originally, I mean that I can change my appearance, not only in human form but also in any animal or object you can think of. Cool, I know. I also technically don't age, other than changing appearance, so I'm really 16 years old. Enough about me, I'll get into my story now. Just a warning you should know, I have lived for a long time and many people die in this time. I have loved many and killed more than I'm proud of. Never people that don't deserve it, but it's still killing. I also can pretty much do anything. Read minds, fly, all that cool super hero stuff. I KNOW, I'm just really cool, even I can't handle it sometimes....that is also another story. 

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

To start my adventure at the School of Guards, it was a sunny day during the summer. I had been at the school for about two weeks and I hadn't been assigned to do anything quite yet, the people running the school wanted me to feel comfortable before starting anything. I had spent the first week learning and getting used to how the school works. This week I had been walking around observing training and the class rooms. Today is Friday, and I am currently sitting under a tree watching this one kid in, what I call ninja fighting lessons, practically getting crushed. I decided to intervene after the teacher didn't step in to stop it. 

Walking over, stood and watched, seeing if the girl on bottom got up. She was still struggling in the hold that the boy had her in. I tapped the boy on the back.

"Excuse me, can you please let her go?" I asked. The boy let the girl go and stood up. I reached down, grabbed her hand and pulled her up. 

"Thanks," she whispered. 

"No problem," I whispered back. The instructor walked over. 

"What do you think you're doing," he asked? 

"Clearly this girl wasn't getting out of this and she needed help. So I came over and stopped this."

"You have no authority to interrupt my class. I suggest that you move along and go to whatever class you need to be in."

"Oh please excuse me, my name is Lana, I'll be assisting in many classes in this school. I have every authority to interrupt this class," as I was talking at him, I was starting to float in the air. The instructor, Steve, stepped back with every inch. I was about five inches off the ground finishing my lecture.

"I..I..I had no idea. I am so very sorry for the trouble. Is there anything I can do?" 

"Actually, would you mind if I tried to teach this lesson?"

"Not...not at all. I'll just....just go monitor lunch." The instructor walked away as I settled back on to the ground. 

 "Now Kalvin, come here and I'm going to teach Missy here how to effectively beat you in a fight" I gestured to each of them. Both had a shocked look on their face. 

"How do you know our names?" Missy asked. 

I wiggled my fingers and said, "I have magical powers!" Everyone around me either gasped or took a step back. I just laughed. "It's complicated but I can read minds and pretty much anything you can think of that might be a, quote, super hero quality, but before you ask me that question in that pretty little head of yours, I'm going to teach you how to fight." 

After about half an hour, Missy finally got Kalvin on his back. The class clapped and cheered. Kalvin gave Missy a pat on the back. He was a bit turned on by a girl being able to beat him, not that I was trying to know that information. It was clear that they both had feelings for each other. IDEA! I play Cupid sometimes....I'm so meddlesome. 

"Alright class is dismissed, go do whatever it is you do. Mark make sure you use protection or she WILL get pregnant this time!" I told this kid, his face going red. I threw him a condom. He looked embarrassed but his thoughts thanked me. 

Missy and Kalvin stayed behind, their thoughts full of questions. 

"So can you really turn into anything," Missy asked? I nodded. 

"Whatever you suggest, I'll turn into it for you." 

"A bear!" Kalvin said. I shifted into a very large brown grizzly bear. Their eyes widened.

"A kitten  next!"said Missy. I became very a very small and adorable gray kitten. 

"A lamp," said Kalvin. I shifted back to human form and Missy and I both just looked at him. "What," he asked? "You said whatever." With a sigh I became a lamp. Back to my normal beautiful self I shook out the feeling of being a lamp. It was awkward. 

"Hey we should go to the snack bar! I hear the milkshake machine is up and running," I suggested to Missy and Kalvin. Skipping a head of them, I snuck a look at their thoughts. Missy we hoping that Kalvin would grab a hold of her hand that was swinging in a subtle yet obvious way. Kalvin was wondering if Missy actually liked him and if he should grab her hand and not wanting her to be weirded out at all. Poor kid. 

"She likes you Kalvin, just slip your hand in and then her fingers will intertwine with yours," I explained to him through my thoughts. Kalvin blinked in confusion. He blushed and decided to take my advice. He swooped in wrapping his hand around her and her fingers intertwined with his. Both of them blushing.

Aww moment right there. It was the little moments like this that made living in this world okay. 

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

So what do you think? 

I may actually keep writing this story unlike my other failures :) 

Happy reading er'one