Chapter 40

I suddenly woke up out of a peaceful sleep later that morning to the sound of the heavy rain and the warm softness of a blanket draped snuggly over me. It took me a long second to realize I wasn't in my own bed and I was laying on the couch in the living room.

Wait the couch? But that means...

My eyes slowly blinked open to the view of the ceiling above me, while I felt soft breaths tickling the skin of the crook of my neck.

I turned my head to the side to see Austin lightly snoring right up against me, the side of his face leaned comfortably on my shoulder.

My heart pounded loudly in my chest as I realized we had fallen asleep together.

"I missed you Amelia."

The words echoed in my head as I tried to figure out if I had dreamt him saying that.

I quickly glanced at the clock that was hung in the living room.

6:22 am

I felt a rush of butterflies in my stomach as I remembered I was wearing just a t shirt and panties while I was laid up right next to the man I was completely head over heels for.

It was still fairly early and I decided it was best to make a quick get away to my bedroom though I was still half asleep.

Even though, I had to admit I was as comfortable as ever cuddled up against Austin's warm body and a huge part of me didn't want to leave his side.

As I lazily tried to get up, with my eyelids still heavy, I felt something strong holding me back. I looked down under the covers and I saw his hand was slipped under my t shirt, gripping onto my waist firmly.

I was wide fucking awake now.

Holy shit okay calm down Amy.

I immediately felt myself getting red as a bundle of nerves were taking over me.

I slowly attempted to move his hand away, trying my best not to wake him. But as I touched him, he suddenly started to stir in his sleep.

I groaned as I realized there wasn't any way possible I was going to leave the couch without disturbing him. And I wouldn't be able to forgive myself for waking him up, knowing the minimal amount of sleep he always gets. I was stuck.

C'mon Amy, you know you are enjoying every second of this, I silently thought to myself.

I laid there and took a second to admire how handsome he was up close. His curls slightly fell over his face as he slept peacefully.

Why did he have to be so damn good looking, I frowned to myself.

I had truly missed waking up to this beautiful sight.

Though it was usually following a night full of passion, back when we were dating.

I looked down from his face to his neck. My eyes widened as I saw my gold heart shaped necklace I had given him so long ago. I had completely forgotten all about it.

He still wore it?

How come I never noticed it before?

I remembered the day I gave it to him like it was yesterday.

"When you wear it, you'll think of me." I smiled up at him and put it on him.

"I was gonna think of you every second anyway."

I squeezed my eyes shut, attempting to wrap my head around what was going on between us.

I mean obviously this meant something right?