leap of faith -~3~-

Sorry for such slow updates. I think there will be a BUNCH of chapters coming real soon because my editor has a good bit of time to waste soon.

----------~*~-------------

3rd person POV

Zen had finally gotten on his horse and the others followed close behind to him. Zen had a good lead. He saw the boy who took off with Y/N... and he also saw her shiny blonde, long hair.. That was it though... He wished he had seen her face, but the boy ran off too fast. Both Zen's team and Obi travelled till late that night until they both came upon a small inn. It was already raining with thunderstorms so they all had to go inside soon. First was Obi and Y/N. He had gotten them both one room with one bed. He would have gotten another but he was short on cash... He was careful not to wake up Y/N as he laid her carefully under the covers. His childhood best friend was going to be enslaved for the rest of her life if he would take her back. If she was anyone else and she hadn't have left such an impact on his life, he would have brought her back to the Prince no problem, but.. that was not the case with Y/N.. she was always dear to him. They were like family until that terrible event happened. After that, he was ordered to leave the kingdom with his family until some years later, he returned. Now Obi has promised to protect his old friend..

Obi soon fell asleep on the couch. He was scared to leave the girl alone by herself, in fear that she could be kidnapped, so he stayed. But Y/N woke up. She noticed the room and Obi taking a rest on the couch. He carried her the entire way here by himself.
"Just like we were kids.. you'd carry me back home when I got too lazy to walk back on my own" she thought.
She watched Obi for a little while until she decided to get up out of the room and went to look for the baths. It was like one of those spa houses with a warm, relaxing bath near her room. She left her swords, cloak, and mask then walked a few feet to the changing room. She carefully undressed and slipped in the large bath. This was her 2nd time in a bath like this. The first was during a mission with her mother. She had a good time talking to her mother that night.. Y/N let a single tear slip down her cheek before trying to relax. She hasn't gotten to relax for a while.
"Finally" she thought with a big sigh and sank a bit into the water. It smelled nice too. Y/N has been covered in old scars for years and she finally didn't mind seeing them anymore just over a year ago. Things are starting to come back, but she still isn't going to let it bother her. It's her body after all, it only shows how strong she's getting.

Your POV

"Yes, I hope we do but in the meantime, I guess we can have a nice soothing bath" a girl talked to her friend in the changing room.
"You're right, we can't ride all night after all" the other chuckled a bit.
THAT CAN'T BE WHO I THINK IT IS...-
"Oh, hello!" Shirayuki came walking into the bath with Kiki. I couldn't look at either of them! They might notice... I waved at her trying to hide my face then stood up.
If I stay in the bath then they'll find out and try to make me stay, but if I stay I'll just cause trouble for them and get Obi killed!
"You're leaving already?" Shirayuki asked.
"I'm sorry, we didn't mean to scare you" Kiki apologized, slightly bowing.
I shook my head side to side and quickly walked back into the changing room..
"Whoa, her hair was gorgeous!" Shirayuki exclaimed in awe from behind the door. I was covering all my scars on my back and arms with my hair, I just hope they don't look too hard at my legs.
"Indeed it was. I wonder how she manages all that hair" Kiki added.
I slipped on my clothes as fast as I could before Shirayuki remembered the description of my hair from what I told her earlier.
"Yeah.. that's funny. I was actually talking to Y/N today about her hair.. it's the exact same as... Kiki, I think that's Y/N!" Shirayuki jumped up out of the bath and ran around to find me but I had already left back to the room to wake up Obi.
I carefully closed the door. Then ran over and shook him awake. I pointed at the door a bunch of times in a panic.
"What? I don't... Wait. Who's at the door?" He asked nearly awake. I pointed harder and widened my eyes.
IT'S THEM!! OBI, COME ON!!
I mouthed Prince Zen, which he somehow seemed to understand. "Well, grab your stuff, Miss. I guess we're leaving now" he sighed, turning on the lights.
But it's raining?!
I pointed to the window frantically. He rolled his eyes and sighed. "I'll carry you, just hurry up. We've got to find somewhere else to stay before-"
"Y/N?" It was Zen, panting at the door. "Y/N, I know you're in there, please open the door!" He shouted panicking, but he seemed a little calm at least.
Prince Zen.. what can he do for me now though? If I go back to Alfin then everyone will be safe..
I reached my hand out to the door handle but quickly stopped and lowered my head painfully. I turned back to the bed and put on all my gear while the Prince talked..
"Y/N, open the door, I don't fully understand what's happening, but we can help!" He pleaded.
"Y/N! Please explain to us! We want to help!" Shirayuki panted as she ran up to the door with the others. I balled up my fists then went and wrote something on a piece of paper..
"No one else would die if I went back. Obi would be killed and I don't even know what would happen to all of you. You're my only friends, and I don't want you all hurt. I hope you'll understand." I left a note on the bed in me and Obi's empty room. Me and Obi escaped through the window and ran as fast as we could.
I kept my eyes down at my feet and thought to myself about everything that's happened so far. It's just crazy..
This can't be the right way back to Alfin. These trees don't look familiar at all.
I looked around the area. We're definitely not going to Alfin.. so where is Obi taking me?
The rain wasn't letting up. We've been walking for only about 10 minutes but I was already so tired... and hungry.
"This way" Obi pulled my hand and dragged me to an abandoned mansion. It was unlocked to our surprise! And it felt pretty warm actually..
I looked over to Obi with a concerned expression and put a hand on my sword.
He nodded, understanding what I was trying to say.
There was a burning fire in the fireplace meaning.. someone's here. Me and Obi split up but planned to meet right here in 10 minutes. I slowly took out my sword and went into ninja mode like how I am on missions. I'm very sneaky and was very good at my job. No one found me before I found them, but sometimes they were ready when I wasn't..
I walked up and down the halls, searching for any sign of presence. Maybe it was just the homeless living here? Doubtful...
Tap tap....
Running. Its right behind me too.. those aren't Obi's either, he has a much heavier steps then this person.
"Hello little girl.. what's with the mask?"
A boy. He sounds like he's around my age. I turned around stabbed my sword into the floor forcefully, which gave the guy a little scare. I smirked to myself and leaned on the sword for comfort while this guy talked.
"Hey! What'd you- ugh.." he sighed before continuing. This had to be his home of some sort. Maybe he owned it? But it seems quite run down. "Are you going to answer my question, lady?" He asked me simply. I stared at him for a second before shrugging. "Hm.. what are you doing out here all alone?.." he mumbled and walked in circles around me. I shrugged again. He'll figure out I'm a mute sooner or later. He came to a slow stop behind my back and whispered something to himself, "Someone would pay a pretty penny for you.." then he hit me in the back of the neck causing me to fall unconscious instantly, or so he thought... As I fell I let a smirk grow over my cheeks.
He got here right on time so I suppose I'll play this boy's game.