31

I feel something touch my cheekbone lightly and I slowly open my eyes to the morning light that fills the white chamber. I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep well but it seems, even if I had dreams last night-good ones-, that I am fully rested and comfortable. With my love back at my side I know that I am once again at peace.

I realize that it is his nose that's gliding on my cheek, a soft chuckle escaping through his closed lips as he smiles.

My head lies on the feather pillow that's on top of his arm.

I feel the soft silk under my cheek as I turn my head. "Hello there," I say weirdly with my nose touching his.

"'Quel amrun mela en' coiamin," he responds as both of us have our eyes shut. (Good morning love of my life)

"No one's gonna come in are they?" I ask after a few seconds.

He chuckles.

I laugh as well and open my eyes to find him already staring into my pupils, his showing bigger and rounder than they ever have. There was something my mother used to tell me about that. She said if someone's were very dilated when locked with yours it meant that they loved you.

My eyes skip around in his feathered iris of different shades of blue. His eyelids close slightly when he looks down and then back up, his fingers lacing with mine. We push our palms together in the air and I smile, our eyes still locked, unable to move away from each other.

"Does your father even know we're wed? Does he even know we were a thing to begin with?" I ask.

He frowns, realizing that I think he hasn't told him about us. That he forgot?

"Oh..." I mutter deeply. "Wait a minute you didn't even tell him about me?"

He lifts his eyebrows. "Well to be fair we were focused on war when we visited Mirkwood... and after as well. And then I was dead."

"You weren't dead," I roll my eyes. "Just dramatically paused."

He frowns at first but then laughs me off like I'm silly.

"But seriously if you never told our dad about us, I feel like-... what are we going to tell him...?"

He thinks about this in a pained way that makes me laugh.

I prop myself up on my elbow, the sheets still over my bare chest luckily-wait that doesn't even matter anymore... "Does he even know you're back?"

"Yes he does. He spent the day with me yesterday." He pulls his body up until he is leaning against the pillows halfway sitting up.

"We both thought you were dead. At least I think he did... But he comforted me when I broke down..." I trail off.

His eyes look into mine with innocence and sympathy at what I said.

I shrug. But after a moment of silence I change the subject. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Certainly."

I squint and sit up, holding the sheets to my chest for some reason when I do. But I pin my arms to my sides to keep it there. "I know you've lived for thousands of years but... surely that was not the first time... last night."

He opens his mouth just a tad and almost laughs nervously, looking out towards the center of the room. "Well since it was the first time I have married, then yes, love."

"Really?" I seem surprised. But thinking harder about the customs of this world, it seems they wouldn't ever do anything like that until marriage. And Aragorn had said that elves only love once. And people here only marry once... at least I'm pretty sure. I know that the elves only marry once.