Bloody Promotion (Vampire x Reader)

You wince, taking note by crossing off yet another female from the list of contenders as she bursts out crying. Yet another failed interview for the open position. You always hated the process that came with finding a new member of the team because it took forever and so many people failed to make the cut. Not to mention your boss was. . . terrifying. He never smiled, never even smirked. He always had the straightest face, and that was definitely a resting bitch face too. He looked about ready to murder you if you made him mad or showed up late, or anything was done to the least bit of his satisfaction. A personal assistant was a necessary job for someone in so much power, however, and that was the job you had taken. You had never planned on taking that job, you had an international business degree and a degree in management, you wanted the job that was currently being interviewed for. But you knew it was unlikely to happen if these people weren't making the cut and they had years more experience than you in the field.

Scrolling through the list of potentials you sigh and pick up the receiver to begin dialling the newest phone number on the list to make an appointment for some time the next day because with only 5 potentials left for the day you had a feeling not a single one would meet the high expectations that Mr. Blake wanted met. If you were honest, you didn't know how you had kept your job for as long as you had, he had told you on the first day that all of his PAs had only ever lasted a few months. You had now been there for about 4 years. The call had picked up and a deeper voice than usual greeted you on the other end.

"Hello, is this Ashley Cetch?" You ask, scrolling through the resume sent by the guy. With a responding yes you proceed quickly.

"This is (Your name) from Atlas Inc., I am calling to set up a time for tomorrow for an interview with the CEO Mr. Blake for the potential job that you submitted for. Would 10 am be a good time for you tomorrow?" You ask, all professionalism as you try to ignore the resounding sobs of the next woman escaping the frosted glass doors of his offices. You smile, "Excellent, please arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your time and dress professionally." You respond, hanging up the phone and check marking the profile to signify he would be coming in.

Checking the time you stand to stretch your legs and walk towards the frosted glass steadily, taking a deep breath before pushing open the door with a light tap on the glass to let him know that you were there. Stepping inside the pristine space you are surprised to see him leaning against his desk waiting for you. An imposing 6'1" with nearly soulless black eyes that hardly reflect the light from the full-length window wall. He closes the file he was looking at and tosses it carelessly onto the immaculate desk behind him, turning the soulless eyes to your face and sucking the breath from your lungs as he stands up straight, shoving long-fingered hands into his pockets.

"Good, you're here, I need you to call Mr. Cetch and set up an appointment for tomorrow, all of these were unsatisfactory and perfectly inadequate for the job. I do hope he will be better." Mr. Blake scoffs, a scowl perfectly etched into his sharp-featured face. You found it hard to hide the surprise that someone with the name of Ashley was male but managed to hide your blush and be glad you hadn't responded to the phone call by saying Ms Cetch and then making a fool of yourself.

"I just did that sir and updated your schedule, you will be meeting with him at 10 am tomorrow." You respond with a curt nod that he responds with, turning swiftly and going to sit back at his desk. You hesitate, wanting to ask him if you could apply for the job but bite it back instead. "I am going on lunch break sir." You say instead, turning on your heel to go eat your lunch of salad at your desk.

You didn't hate salad, that being said, you didn't love the leafy greens either, they were just so bland. The rest of the day was spent debating whether or not to apply for the job that you wanted. You didn't hate being a PA, but that wasn't why you got your education! You wanted to travel and be involved in the actual business, not just help your boss to make more money. By the end of the day you had finally made up your mind on the matter and decided to approach him.