Painting Wings(Angel x Reader)-Rewritten

(I redid the end, you weren't the only ones that hated it, lol)

"Maybe we could try trading for just a moment?" You ask, boredom and tired muscles making you anxious to change positions from where you had been sitting for the past several hours on the chair, pretending to reread the same page for the millionth time. You had started out by actually reading the book, but he had quickly growled at you to stop moving when you had unconsciously shifted position to be a little more comfortable to read.

"No, now stop complaining," Theliel grumbled loudly, shooting you a pointed glare as you tried to stretch without actually moving. You didn't dislike your partner per se, he was just incredibly inconsiderate and annoying about quite a few things. For example, he refused to let you move despite the extreme cramping of your muscles even though he was probably almost done already, really, it was ridiculous that you couldn't even take a break to stretch! Quickly while his back is turned you stick out your tongue, wrinkling your nose to show your distaste for being paired with him. As he glances back up with a very stern look you pretend as if nothing had happened, simply glowering at him once more. As he looks back down to continue his work you swore for the briefest of seconds you could see the smallest of smiles stretching his perfect pale pink lips to inth degree.

"Can I move now?" You ask, adopting a fakely hopeful voice as you look at him, eyes wide with pleading as he simply rolls his eyes.

"No, shut up." He grumbles back, continuing just a little more, detailing every inch of the stupid painting they would be turning in.

"Please Theo!" You whine, attempting to find a nickname for him. His name was simply a pain in the butt, and really weird too, seriously, who names their kid Theliel. You didn't even know if he had a last name, the teacher just always called him Theliel. He looked up sharply at his new nickname attempt, jaw set sharply as he chucked a pencil at you making you flinch. "Hey! What was that for!?" You yell, glaring as you lean down to pick up the pencil quickly before chucking it right back.

"I'm done, we are getting something to eat." He said, standing up and leaving the painting as he went and grabbed your hand, pulling you up off the chair and towards the kitchen to go and get food. You can't believe that you are literally being dragged around your own house by your partner. He nearly causes you to fall down the stairs on the way too.

The kitchen is relatively small, not really built to have someone as large as Theliel in it alongside you as you are squished into the corner while me makes some of the most basic of foods, a simple sandwich for both of you. Oddly enough, you notice that it is your favorite type too, the same way you always made it, no crusts and cut into 4ths of tiny triangles (if you don't like it like this then ignore it). He doesn't speak as he moves, doesn't say anything making you increasingly uncomfortable in the absolute silence of the kitchen.

"I'm going to go back upstairs." You tell him, wanting to escape such an awkward situation as you take one of the triangles with you back to the art studio you had been sitting in for hours. Picking up the book that had fallen you place it gently on the chair, looking at the title Beneath our Disguises, you wish you had been able to finish reading the thing. It was actually pretty good from what you had been able to read from just the first several pages. You decide it is about time you see what he had done to the portrait. Supposedly he was the best in the class and pretty amazing, but as you step around the stand to see what you looked like it is one of the best pictures you have ever seen, it looks like a photograph. You stare at the thing in awe of his skills, blushing lightly as you see yourself from his eyes. You looked, well, you looked beautiful. You realized with astonishment before seeing the sketchbook lying on the ground beside it.

Glancing at the door you can't help but take a peak since he wasn't there, opening the book you see several preliminary sketches of a person, basic body form and such, they were clearly just practice though and you wanted to see who the person was. He had spent so much time trying to draw them, and you were certain they would look amazing as you continue flipping, looking at the woman that was slowly forming on the pages before your eyes, and then there she was. It was you, repeatedly drawn over and over again from his classes, from the hall, from lunch, the park, even just getting coffee, and then. . . it was you, in your own home, sleeping. You couldn't breathe, you just had to keep looking through the pages and pages upon pages of your reflection staring back at you, laughing, glaring, crying, everything.