Chapter 1: Meet my girlfriend

Zachary Walton's P.O.V

Pacing around my office, I wanted nothing more than to end the call that already lasted too long for my liking. On the other line was Ella Walton, my mother. Ella is a good-hearted person who is very determined to get what she wants, no matter what obstacles she could face. And right now, what she wants is getting me married.

Ella Walton comes from the royal Spanish family. Being a royal, she always had to put up to some standards as well as following rules and never stray from the right path.

The fact that I would spend my time in clubs with a different woman each night was something unacceptable which led her to the idea of uniting me with a wife of her choosing.

"Mother, we've been through this a thousand times now..."

"Zachary Walton, you are going to get married whether you like it or not. I have already chosen your bride." She said proudly which only added to my discomfort.

"Would you at least tell me who you chose for me?" I asked just to humor her.

"Do you remember Martin Wells? I met his daughter a few days ago. She's lovely; Ashley would be the perfect candidate."

"Hell no! Absolutely not Ashley Wells, she's a stuck up bitch!" I let out an exasperated sigh just as I was saved by a knock on my door. Must be my PA, "Come in".

"I'm sorry to interrupt Mr. Walton, you have a meeting in five minutes," Elise informed me with the softest voice any female could have. I nodded giving her a smile and started walking out of my office as I finished my call. "Looks like we'll have to discuss this later mother, I have a meeting."

"We certainly will. I love you, Zachary."

"I love you too mother. Bye."

I ended the call looking up only to notice a smiling Elise which made me smirk. I knew what she was smiling about. She worked for me for two years now and knew me well. A little too well to be honest. She also knew all about my mother's crazy demands, but was always respectful and never voiced her own opinion on the matter.

We entered the elevator and Elise was busy tapping away on her tablet, which gave me time to actually look at her without making her uncomfortable. She was wearing a dress, not formal work clothes. Her hair was let down in waves and she was wearing makeup. She surely is dressed to impress. I then remembered all the flowers she received this week. Maybe she was seeing someone?

We had a good boss- Pa relation but we never crossed boundaries and pried into each other lives. I wasn't one to get friendly with my employees and Elise was one of the very few people I could tolerate being around for too long without being mean. Maybe it was due to her calmness, or to the fact she only spoke when she had to.

I didn't know if she was seeing anyone or not and was getting a little curious. "Hot date tonight?"

"Excuse me, Mr. Walton?"

"Your hair is down, you're wearing a tight figure-hugging dress instead of your usual work clothes." I smiled at her as she blushed. We emerged from the elevators and I kept going "You're even wearing a little more makeup than you usually do, not to mention all the nice flowers you've been receiving."

"Yes Mr. Walton, I have a date tonight. He's picking me just after work so I thought I'd come ready". She looked down trying to conceal her blushing red cheeks.

"That was good thinking. I hope you enjoy it, he's a lucky man. Now, are you ready for this meeting?"

"As always sir"