Chapter 4: Family dinner

Zachary Walton's P.O.V

I just stood there looking at the two of them not believing what I was seeing. I cleared my throat and Andy let go of her but he kept looking at Elise giving her his signature smile. The one he uses on girls. I had to roll my eyes at him before nudging him a little.

"Long time no see cousin, I heard you were in Japan for the past year"

"I was, yes. But I'm not going back anymore" he answered without even looking at me. He was still looking at Elise and it started to get to me. I was sure by now something happened between them in the past and I had to know what it was before going inside that house. I didn't want to be taken by surprise. Or maybe was that jealousy? But no why would I be jealous. She's just my assistant.

"Alright, I'm happy for you now if you please can take your hands off my girlfriend that would be great. And next time don't call her sexy or anything".

I noticed Elise was glaring at me but I ignored her as I took her hand in mine and lead her inside leaving Andy behind. I snaked my arm possessively around her waist bringing her closer to me as we walked inside. Leaning in closer to her ear I whispered "That didn't go unnoticed Elise. I'll want an explanation."

"Oh Zachary you're really here! With your girlfriend" my mother appeared smiling "I thought you weren't going to come."  Ella Walton looked like a little kid un-wrapping her Christmas gift.

"Hello mother, of course I'd come. You wanted to meet my girlfriend, here she is. But please, do not scare her will you?" I said teasingly.

My mother looked at Elise from head to toe with an approving smile on her face. Of course she'd approve have you seen the girl? She's gorgeous.

"Welcome to our home dear. Don't listen to him, I don't bite and you have nothing to be scared of. You look lovely darling" she took Elise in a suffocating hug. I watched amused as Elise hugged her back looking so innocent in my mother's arms.

"Is dad home?" I asked my mom who pulled away from Elise and nodded "your brother and your sister are both here. Your cousin Andy was here too. He came to see your dad. You just missed him. He's changed a lot, looks more confident. But I still don't trust him."

Ella always said she could feel people's aura. I would joke about it all the time and act as if I didn't believe her. But whenever she had a bad feeling about someone, I would trust her and stay away. She always ended up being right.

"He's not staying for dinner?"

"No he said he has important things to do. He's only been back two days ago. I don't know he actually wanted to stay for dinner, but he got a phone call and was pissed off all of a sudden. I smell something fishy."

I nodded taking Elise's hand in mine "He always gets himself in trouble." I turned my attention to Elise who was very silent for some reason "come on I'll introduce you to my father and siblings."

We went out to the garden where my father was taking care of the barbecue. My sister, Amelia, was talking on the phone while my brother Andrew was lounging on one of mom's big sofas. We had both moved out as soon as we went to college, Amelia wanted to move out as well but being daddy's little princess they wouldn't let her.

I turned around to face Elise "are you ok? You've been very calm"

"I'm good, don't worry" she gave me a smile than her eyes widened "right! How did we get together? They already know me as your assistant right?"

"They do yes. We met at the office, you started working for me and we fell in love. Let's keep it simple so we don't get lost in our own story." I was still a little angry with Andy's reaction to Elise. For some reason there was something nagging at me and I couldn't shake the image of him having her in his arms from my head.