𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐞.

˚∙.·∘ T H E   T A L E *.·∘

❝ This is the story of six sisters, sweet boy. And let me tell you, stories of six sisters never end well.

Once, before the Dance of the Dragons, Aegon II had six daughters: fearless and brave, who were raised to be dragonrider warriors. They were as deadly as they were beautiful, with hair that shone like moondust and skin which shimmered as if it had been touched by Gods, no matter the colour.

Rhaenora was the firstborn: hair of silver and gold, eyes like amethyst and sea-storms. She was the fiercest, the most determined and self-assured; she always believed what she was doing was right, even when it was wrong. They called her the Cold-hearted, for her calculated brutality, and she was the best leader of them all. Her love for her sisters was all she truly knew, and she fought to protect them above all else, no matter the cost. To her, it was only them who mattered.

The second daughter, Vhaena, was a bastard, with the mother of a woman from Asshai. You would know her story best. Her eyes were slim and her cheekbones were high, and they say she looked like a fae of the east. Where she touched, magic sprouted, and destruction too, for that is the beautiful curse of one born by sorcery. And as she grew, her affection for all things dark and magic grew too. By the time she was sixteen years, she'd discovered bloodmagic running within her veins: the ability to control blood to her will. It was dangerous and lethal, much too power for a young girl to have, and it ate away at her strength and being.

Aegon II's thirdborn was a bastard yet again—he had many of those, you see, he wasn't a faithful husband—with the mother a maiden of Dorne. Rhaenesmyra was beautiful and ferocious: nothing would stand in the ways of her goals, not even her sisters. A fierce warrior more than a strategist, with an eye for vengeance. Being a bastard and brown-skinned, many Southerners were wary of her and her half-sister, Elaevenya, who had darker skin still. However, her sisters showed no hatred towards them, and welcomed her and her bastard sisters as their blood.

Elaevenya was his fourth daughter and final bastard, born in the same year as Rhaenesmyra but from the Summer Isles. Her skin was dark, but once again the Targaryen genetics shone in the form of white hair and pale lilac eyes. She had a passion for the arts: poetry, lyricism, music, singing, and painting. The people said she could never get enough. She was a kind soul, too gentle for the South, and had a pure heart. But she too was skilled in weaponry, and had twin daggers which ended the lives of many dangerous men.

The fifth-born Daenerea was brave, but softer than most of her sisters. She was a hopeless romantic, and loved the idea of being in love, or being loved herself, though she did not love men. If she was found around the castle, it would be with her nose in a book or poetry collection, and she soon adopted its poetic language. She was well-loved by the people, and would braid flowers into her silver-white hair.

The last daughter of Aegon II and Naenyra Targaryen was little Visaenara, known as the Courageous. They say she matched her older sisters' bravery, if not overpowered it. She wasn't much older than your sisters are now, with silver-gold hair and purple eyes which shimmered and shone like small moons, and a young dragon she was raised with. When she learned to ride, nothing could keep her tethered to the ground, and she sought adventure and purpose. She grew up surrounded by her powerful sisters, and sought to be like them.

They were fearsome, largely undefeated and unyielding. As warriors and dragonriders, the sisters never left each others' sides, whether in battle, flight or the castle grounds. Therefore, they were called the Daughters of the Dragon, and were adored by their people.

When their grandfather, King Viserys I, died, his two children fought over the throne: Rhaenyra Targaryen, and Aegon II Targaryen. Their families and followers were both pulled into the fray, and the whole realm was split in two. There were the Greens, those who supported Aegon II as King, and the Blacks, who wanted to see Rhaenyra crowned. The civil wars which broke out amongst cities were terrible, but the battle between the Targaryen house itself shook the world. It was dragon against dragon, brother against brother, and sister against sister. The house was torn in half.

The Daughters of the Dragon followed their father, Aegon II, supporting his claim and defending his crown, no matter how much they loved their Aunt. They, alongside their six dragons, stood their ground upon Rhaenyra's oncoming army and fought with the courage of a hundred dragons. 

Their story is one of victory, blood and sorrow, and there is no better a war story to tell a bed-bound little boy like you. 

❝ Why don't their stories have a happy ending, Old Nan? ❞

❝ May you learn that, sweet child, to your greatest sorrow. 

˚∙.·∘; -*.·∘