Night of Research

Derek climbs through the young boy's bedroom window to see said boy sitting on his bedroom floor, surrounded by papers, books, his laptop and pens with more paper coming out of the printer. The younger boy didn't hear him come in as he had his headphones in listening to All Time Low.

The young boy was reading the information on his laptop intensely before scribbling notes on the notebook in front of him.

Derek watched the young boy for 5 minutes. Watching the way his tongue stuck out in concentration, his eyebrow lifted when he found something surprising and the way his eyes lit up when he found something exciting. He also watched as Stiles' fingers sped across the keyboard of his laptop and the way his hand moved as he wrote in the notebook beside him.

He moved from the window and tapped the young boy on the shoulder.

The young boy, Stiles pulls out his headphones and looks up at the man in front of him.

"Hey Der, how long have you been standing there?" was the first thing he says.

"Just got here" Derek lies, glad that the young boy doesn't have super hearing.

"Ok, I am still researching our latest problem but I think that I am making some progress, I have found a lot of information that can help us narrow down what we are dealing with" Stiles rambles

"Ok, Do you think that you would be able to narrow it down by our next pack meeting?" Derek asks

"Yea, I just have to keep searching and take a trip to the school for more books" Stiles replies

"Would you like to go now?" Derek asks wanting to spend more time with the young boy he is falling in love with.

"Really? You want to go to the school with me?" Stiles asks

"I wouldn't have offered if I didn't want to" Derek replies

"Is the Derek Hale trying to be sarcastic with me?" Stiles teases

Derek doesn't answer him, just stares at him with a straight face.

Stiles grabs his red hoodie, and picks up his phone from the floor taking his headphones out and makes his way downstairs to grab his keys and scruffy converse.

They both get into Stiles jeep, once he locks his front door and Stiles makes his way to the school.

Derek spends the drive admiring the way Stiles taps his fingers along to the music on the steering wheel and his hands never slipping from the ten and two positions.

When they get to the school, Stiles parks in his usual spot and grabs his school ID card from the front of his backpack, which he still hasn't taken out of his car and they make their way to the school library.

When they got to the library, Stiles makes his way up the stairs and to the back of the library. Derek follows behind him like a lost puppy.

"What are you looking for?" Derek finally asks while looking around the place

"Books on the supernatural, they are all in the back of the library not many people know about them, I found them before all the supernatural in my life happened" Stiles replies and then turns the corner "here we are"

Stiles picks up 6 books and passes each one to Derek before continuing to look around the shelves.

"There it is!" Stiles says pulling out a really thick book

Derek looks at him confused

"This is my favourite, it has every monster there possible is in here. I have read this book 6 times but I just want to make sure that I didn't miss anything" Stiles explains while pulling his school ID out of his pocket.