Through Eyes With Little Time

Through the eyes with little time

All Right Reserved

Copyright © 2014 F.K

This book may not be reproduced, transmitted, or stored in whole or in parts by any means, including graphic, electronic, or mechanical with our express written consent of the published except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.

****************************

I stood in the shadows silently admiring the perfection of the elegantly decorated space. I have travelled to many places and seen many spaces however none as magnificent this.

It is spotless. The huge two-legged creatures have arranged all their bizarre objects that they place their back sides on, creating a perfect area where they position themselves during the light - well rays of lights from the beautiful warm orange orb that hovers with its rays coming through the rectangle hole. The hole is no ordinary hole.  It won’t let you in – there’s an invisible shield that feels as hard as the parts I cannot see through. It prevents my kind from entering: but we always find a way in - we are small. 

The parts I cannot see through have smaller rectangle holders that freeze moments in time - what I see in these doesn’t move. There are delicate round decorated circles that the two-legged creatures use to place the substances that go in the hole in the front of their heads, displayed in a small see-through space within a space – it also has the invisible shield preventing me from entering and examining these marvellous decorated circles. 

The space was clean, pristine clean. Not a single thing was out of place, not a single sticky net, thank all things sweet. My attention was caught by this big brown device that the two-legged creatures use to measure moments of light.

Light. It moves slowly for the two-legged creatures, and they move slowly in it. I know not what these giants are. Their outer layer is a weird pink colour, though some are brown. They have fur coming from their heads. Some are long, others are short. Some have two peaks coming from under the hole where they put the strange substances - others do not. Their heads are strange; oval shapes with seven holes altogether. They have four legs but for some reason they are often up on two. The other two connect to many things. They may not sound dangerous but with one swift brutal blow they can take us out.  For me and my kind time is not something we have enough of. It’s unfair that I have such little light. I may go anywhere I want, but stay for only a short amount of time. This is the longest I have ever stayed in one place. But oh how I have enjoyed staying and admiring all these strange beautiful objects those two-legged creatures create.

I decide to explore the marvellous place. My take off is brilliant, I can see everything from up above. The entire space is in my view; there’s no space I cannot reach. 

I gently land on the shiny surface the two-legged creatures put their circles on. It had been stained with a delicious sugary liquid left by a younger two-legged creature. I don’t know what it is, but all I know is that I want it. I slowly approach it, my senses on high alert, but the desire to taste the sweet sticky liquid was blinding me from any danger that may come my way. 

Life was much easier at the beginning. My mind flashes back to when I was new in the world. When I was wingless and legless. When I was delicate and pure white with no sense of danger. Me and my many siblings who were hatched from the eggs that our mother laid, then left to perhaps to go lay more eggs, or even die, as she had done everything there was to do. I understood that death was a part of life, and I too shall one day lay my eggs then leave them to fend for themselves. Light has changed since those days: now I must search on my own. I know not where my siblings are - nor do I really care. Some of them grew wings before me and left, I too grew my wings and left my other siblings, so I could pursue my own life and go on adventures. Loneliness is something that I'm used to. But watching the two-legged creatures makes me wonder what it would be like to have someone. Someone to talk to. Someone to hold. Someone to love.  

I watched two of the giants enter the space, touching and joining their head holes together. It’s how they show the other giants that they are mates I believe. My attention averted to another fly approaching the liquid. He too watches the giants with curiosity, but his thoughts are probably different. I observe him carefully: he’s a little bit bigger than me, but age is hard to tell - it is always difficult with our kind. His legs are thick and black; his back is a glowing green, with glorious wings. I think I do not feel what I think those giants felt, but I feel envious of his perfect strong body and magnificent wings. Oh how good they would look on me. His looks truly did show how perfect our kind looked in some lights. I would not mind mating with him; however they tend to pick the bigger females. I sighed inwardly. Unfortunately we do not choose our mates, they choose us - but it’s not that big a deal. After we mate they leave and we go lay our eggs. 

A scream lifts me out of my thoughts startling me and forcing my senses to go on hyper mode. The sound means I need to escape as I have been seen. I haven't even got a small morsel of the sugary liquid but if I don't leave now, I will never eat again. I’ll return, yes that’s what I’ll do. 

A shadow of a weapon comes my way at great speed. I s­­wiftly take off only to turn and find that it is not me who the creature wanted to kill, but the model example of our kind. He has become yet another victim to a brutal whip of those brutal weapons. But honestly I’m glad it’s him being wiped off the shiny brown surface. I fly on through the hole that I used to enter the magnificent space, as it is time for me to go to another place and add another page to my story of a world seen through eyes with little time.

Hey readers. Hope you liked it. Tell me what you think so far by commenting below! :D For updates follow me on Twitter @MuzicFk. 

Follow me on twitter for updates @MuzicFk. https://twitter.com/MuzicFk 

Or on Pinterest: F K

http://www.pinterest.com/fahimakd/keep-going-wattpad/ 

also do check out my Blog: Books*Movies

https://www.blogger.com/profile/04816802822048962067

Facebook Like (Keep Going-Wattpad): 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keep-Going-Wattpad/500836513394572

and youtube channle: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-HTHzQWZy56aK0QTte3Unw

Feel free to check out my other story (Keep Going)

Vote, Follow and Comment :)

Many thanks!!!

-FK