The Sorting

As we climbed the stairs to the castle doors, I felt welcome, at home, loved.  Hogwarts' magic rushed around me, cherishing me.  The castle itself seemed to be welcoming me home.  Once we were at the door, an older woman wearing all green clothes picked us up from Hagrid, the Half-giant.  It took me a minute to recognize who she was.  Minerva Mcgonagall, my aunt minnie.
      We entered the castle and were immediately left alone as Min- I mean- professor Mcgonagall went into the great hall.  A little while later, the ghosts came into the room.  Every other child nearly jumped out of their skins at the sight of them.  My lack of reaction got me some confused stares from my friends.  " My parents used to take me to the castle when I was a baby.  I remember every detail of my life, so they didn't freak me out." I told them all.
      We hung out for a while, making sure to stay away from the bright red hair that was attached to Ronald Weasley.  Mcgonagall came back to get us about twenty minutes after the ghosts and brought us into the great hall.  It was beautiful.  Lit only by candles that floated gentely above the tables.  The ceiling reflected the clear sky and stars that were outside.  The sight were calming, making the excited aura of the hall seem to calm.
       We were lead to the front of the great hall, where a torn hat was sitting.  We all jumped as the hat ripped open and started singing.

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin,
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means,
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"  - HP1

    The professor started calling names, but I barely paid attention to them, thinking about my children.  Just earlier today my baby had gotten lost, and she had been found by draco and his father.  I love my baby and was thankful that they had found her.  My mind started drifting to Draco, my handsome hero.  Once that thought hit my mind, I blushed at it and shoved to the back of my mind, paying closer attention to the sorting.  Hermione went to Gryffindor , Neville went to Hufflepuff, and Draco went to slytherin.
    Just as my mind started drifting again, my name was called.  "Rowena Potter."  Whispers broke out amongst the students.  I walked up, sat on the stool, and got the hat put over my head.  " Great mind, I see, and very caring.  Motherly as well."  I jumped a little at the sound of the sorting hats voice.  " Where would you want to go, all of the founders would love you, little heir."  " I would love to go to Ravenclaw, as to allow a sense of house unity between my friends and I."  then there was a shout through the hall, "Better Be Ravenclaw."
     There were shocked looks all around me.  Even Dumbledore seemed shocked and a little angry at a glance.  But the look was quickly replaced with a grandfatherly one.  I moved over to my seat, passing by Draco, who smiled at me for a minute, and I hurried on as I felt the blush rising back to my cheeks.  I found a clear area at the table and sat away from everyone.
     Dumbledore stood and spoke "First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well.  I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors.  Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch.  And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death.  Nitwit, Blubber, Oddment, Tweak."
    Then a feast appeared.  I ate a bit and asked quietly for the elves to send some up to my room in a bit.  Soon, about 9:00, we were making our way up to the common room.  The prefects explained that we had to answer a riddle to get in.  When we got to the door, the knocker spouted, "What word in the English language does the following: the first two letters signify a male, the first three letters signify a female, the first four letters signify a great, while the entire world signifies a great woman. What is the word?"
    I immediately say, "Heroine," having heard it a thousand times from Austin.  The knocker slides over to reveal a hall.  We entered the common room and were handed a list of rules and expectations before being sent to find our names on a door.  My name was the only one without a partner.  I went into my room and started looking around.  I noticed a small alcove in the far corner and went over towards it.  It lead down a staircase and into a large room with two doors on either side.
     The first door on the right lead to fully furnished room in blue.

The second door on the right led to a girl's room with a single bed.

The first door on the left led into a pink girl's room with two beds

The last room seemed to be a nursery.  It was cute.

     There was another door, by the stairs, that led to a bathroom for the kids

     There was another door, by the stairs, that led to a bathroom for the kids.  I went back to my room and opened my trunk to the house.  I went down and got the kids before showing them to their new rooms.  After they had ate and were tucked into bed, I went to my bed and fell into it, already asleep. It had been a long day.

Rick Riordan is my favorite male author.