2nd Stop

Dedicated to francecalusor.  Enjoy po. :-)

~~//~~

"Mom, I don't know what is wrong with Cameron.  Parang lagi akong may nagagawang mali sa kanya at hindi niya ako pinapansin,"  natawa si Mommy na nasa kabilang linya.

"Anak, hindi ka pa nasanay diyan sa kaibigan mo. Alam mo naman iyan, supladita talaga but you also know how sweet that girl is.  Approach her.  Ikaw naman ang lalaki.  O baka naman kinukulit mo pa rin katulad ng dati?"  napakamot ako ng ulo.  Iyon naman kasi talaga ang ginagawa ko.  "Am I right?"

"Hindi naman po masyado, Mommy.  Konti lang," I heard her laughter again.  "I miss you, Mom.  When are you coming back?"

"You know the situation, Mason.  Until now......your Dad and I are still not on good terms.  We hardly see each other though we are living in the same house. Masyadong busy ang Daddy mo sa trabaho, ganoon din ako.  You know that I am still adjusting to my new job."

"But Mom, if that is the case between the two of you, just come back in here instead,"  I heard her sigh.  I really miss my mother.  She's trying to win my father back no matter what.  Gusto niyang mabuo ang pamilya namin lalo na para kay Alexa.

"I will, in due time.....with your father.  I will come back to our house with him,"  she's really hopeful.  "Oh well, I should be going now Maze.  Take care Kuya.  I love you. Give my love and kisses to Alexa.  I will call her later."

"I love you too, Mom.  And sure.  I will tell the rascal,"  I took my books from the shelves and started reading after she cuts the line.  Hindi ko kasi ugali na magdala ng libro sa school.  I'd rather read in the house than to take my heavy books at school.  

"Kuya,"  I raised my head and smiled.  It's Alexa.

"Come here, Rascal,"  she's grinning and ran to me.  "What do you need,"  I kissed her head.  

She laid her book on my study table.  "I perfect my assignment, Kuya.  I am the one who answered all of these last night, remember?"  I nod.  "See?  I can do well at school like you."

Ginulo ko ang buhok niya at muli siyang hinalikan sa ulo.  "Of course, Rascal.  You can and you can do better than your Kuya.  Just study and enjoy school because that is important.  And make friends as well.  Teka, meron ka na bang mga kaibigan?"  She nods and smiles.  "Make more, okay.  Believe me, Alex, you will enjoy your life."

"Opo.  But Kuya, Mommy hasn't called me yet.  Did she call you?"  I nod.  She frowns and pouted.  "Then why she didn't talk to me?"

"She said she will call you later.  Mukhang busy si Mommy, eh. But she said to give you this,"  I kissed her cheeks.  "And that she loves you."

"I love her too.  But when she will come back?  Tska, nakita na po ba niya si Daddy?"  tinitigan ko siya and she's waiting for an answer.  "Kailan ko siya makikita, Kuya?"

I hold her hands and smiled.  "You will meet him soon, Rascal.  But if you will ask me when, that, I cannot answer."

"Oh well.  I really have to wait for that but I know, it will happen soon,"  she took her book and gave me a kiss.  "I will go to my room and sleep or can I sleep here with you?"

"Sure. Tell Lola that you will sleep in here tonight.  We are going to church tomorrow so you better wake up early.  Clean yourself first then come back.  Maybe by then, I am done studying," and she happily left the room.

 "Do I really need to write in these notebooks?"  this is what I hate most.  Writing.  Hindi ako sanay na nagsusulat sa notebooks.  Pinapabayaan lang naman ako ng mga teachers ko before as long as I am coming to school and can answer their questions.  Pero ngayon, wala akong magagawa dahil required akong gawin iyon.