Part Six

A/N Chapter 7 up on inkitt

Chapter Six

"You did what?" there was no shriek like that of Malachi along a phone line.

But on top of the hangover from hell, it was a million times worse.

"Malachi, it's nine am. Can't you tone it down?" Nancy was face down buried under her duvet, phone barely at her ear.

"You just tell me you snogged a barman to make your nemesis jealous?"

She groaned again, "not jealous, just to raise my middle finger, and some."

"And it worked?"

Nancy tipped back the duvet letting the natural morning light pierce her brain like needles. "Think he might have had a stroke, but I gave him the fuck off I'm a big girl speak, just like you told me to."

He laughed hysterically, "at no point did I tell you to tongue fuck a barman first. It was like that? Dirty?"

Groaning she closed her eyes, "are you getting off on this?" When Malachi grunted she laughed, "it was x-rated, the poor thing."

"He will probably brag about it for the next five years there's no harm done."

Her groans were becoming frequent, "I hung around and apologised, when he finished his shift."

Malachi squealed again, "every moment I think you're finally embracing your inner devil, you back it up!"

"What can I say? I'm a good girl at heart!"

Though when Josh called half an hour later to wipe the floor with her, she wasn't sure that she could protest that point.

Nothing but boxing was going to calm him today, he'd already bitten off Chris, Josh and Ben's heads, and it wasn't even ten am. They all wanted to 'talk' about what happened the night before, and not just about her. He still couldn't speak her name. But her performance, it gave rage a whole new name, and level. But Josh kept going on about him, and that woman on the dance floor, he was unable to see that it was a completely different thing. Though he was embarrassed. He had always enjoyed anonymous hook ups, but he kept away from fans, people who knew him. Last night, that was a mistake of epic proportions, but he hadn't done it because of her. He kept trying to assure himself.

His parting words were to remind him they had a band meeting the following day, to try and organise a schedule. The record executives wanted the album out in the next few months, recording hadn't gone so well. And there was no way that he was spending time in the confines of the small studio with her all day, so he had to be present to ensure that she went alone, like the outsider she should be.

He tightened the wraps around his hand as the gym door opened and Josh walked in, dressed similarly.

"Guess you'd want to spar with me."

Riker rolled his eyes, "spar? I want to break your nose."

Josh laughed, "I knew she'd send you to violence."

"You give her too much credit."

Josh pulled on a pair of gloves and followed Riker into the ring. This gym was very basic, but they loved that about it.

"She's not bad, you need to give her a break..."

Riker swung at him, glancing a blow off his shoulder, "this has been going on for years Josh, you are not going to make me see things any other way."