The infirmary

Katherine adjusted her eyes to the harsh light. She was lying on a bed.

Where am I? What happened?

The memories of the duel soon flooded her mind. She looked to her right and saw Tom sleeping. Katherine tried to sit up but failed to do so, her entire body ached. A door opened and in walked a woman in a nurses uniform.

" umm excuse me, may I have some water?" Katherine asked quietly, trying not to wake up Tom.

The woman turned to look at her " oh my dear, your awake. Of course, just one second." She replied.

She walked out of Katherine's sight and soon returned with a glass of water. She placed it down and left.

The door opened again, it was Ophelia " oh Katherine, you're alright." She said in a relieved voice.

" yeah, just drained."

"The duel you two had was amazing. I've never seen anything like it. You're magic went together so beautifully, it was breath taking." She whispered, trying not to disturb Tom.

The door opened again and in walked Abraxas. He made his way over to Katherine's bed and smiled.

"How are you feeling?" He asked

"Fine" Katherine replied, wincing a bit.

"Well, I'm glad you are okay" he said.

" stop complaining, you won." Ophelia said grinning.

" yeah, so?" Katherine asked

" no one has ever won against Tom or lasted more than 30 seconds." Abraxas said.

Ophelia nodded rapidly. " it's true, no one. What school did you transfer from and how do I get in?" She asked.

Katherine was about to make up a lie but was interrupted by a loud squealing noise. The door had opened once more and in ran Parkinson. Her loud pig like squealing woke Tom. She sprinted to his side and hugged him.

"Tommy, are you okay? Are you hurt?" She asked, fake crying.

"Get off of me!" He demanded, pushing her off of him.

Parkinson ignored his rude tone. She threw a dirty glare at Katherine.

" you pig! How dare you hurt Tom!" She yelled. Tom turned his face to Katherine's direction. His expression was blank but she could tell that he was angered.

" me, a pig? Weren't you the one who was squealing just moments ago." Katherine asked smugly.

Parkinson's face went red with anger. " it was me who spread those rumours about you! And I can say much worse" she threatened.

Katherine smirked. " rumours? Wow ,I'm impressed you're spreading something besides your legs."

Abraxas and Ophelia bust out laughing. Katherine could see Tom smirk from the corner of her eye.

Parkinson stormed out of the room.

"Get well soon Katherine" Ophelia and Abraxas said and started to walk towards the door. Abraxas stopped in front of the door and said " oh, and you too Tom." And then he left.

Stuck in a room with the soon to be dark lord. Just great.

" so you're a parcelmouth?" Tom asked

Katherine nodded "yes"

" and you can do non verbal magic" he stated.

She nodded again

" who are you?" He asked.

" just a transfer student with talent." Katherine replied, turning her face to look at Tom.

His expression darkened and he stared into her green eyes.

Katherine felt her head start to throb.

He's trying to use Legilimency on me

Katherine easily blocked it out, using Occlumency.

"If you want to know something, just ask. Stop poking around in my head." She said, annoyed.

" alright" he said. " how about I ask you a question and you get to ask me a question?"

"Okay, shoot." She replied

" how do you know non verbal magic?it's not something they teach you at wizarding schools."he asked

" I taught myself. I read about it in a book and it caught my eye. Attacking someone without them knowing what you are going to do, it's exciting." She replied.

"Your turn" he simply said.

Katherine did not know what to ask him. She already knew a lot about him. Dumbledore had shown her his memories about Tom. So she simply asked " have you always been parcelmouth? I was born parcelmouth, how about you?"

"I was also born parcelmouth " he said, keeping his blank expression.

"Your turn" she said.

He seemed to think a bit about his question, as if debating on whether or not to ask her this. " how do you feel about immortality?"

Katherine smiled, of course he would ask her this. " I would LOVE to be immortal but one can not simply achieve immortality."

He smirked a bit. " how hard could it be?" He asked

"I believe that to gain something, something of equal value must be lost. In other words, I believe that in order to become immortal, you must have to take someone else's life. And I can not do that." She replied

" and why not?" He asked

" because it's evil and sinister." Katherine answered.

Tom looked into Katherine's eyes and said " there is no good or evil, only power and those to weak to seek it."

That is what Katherine used to tell herself before her sister died. Soon after that she realized that there is evil in the world and not just power.

" is that what you want, Tom, power?" She asked.

He nodded " I want to be the worlds most powerful wizard, I want people to know my name." he said with an evil grin.

Katherine would have said something to try to change him but no words would come out. He reminded Katherine to much of her past self. She didn't say anything so she just turned so that her back was facing him.

I will help you Tom Riddle. I will guide you onto the right path. The good path.