Chapter thirty-six: Dan (part two)

*Dan*

The night of the concert comes that next weekend.

Genevieve walks to my place to meet my parents, since they keep bugging me about it. She didn't seem to mind when I told her. Well, I nicely asked her, they told me. That's what parents do though, I guess. But she's very laid back and nice. And I have already met her dad, so this was just natural step.

I open the door to her soft knock probably too quickly.

"Hi," She laughs. I blush because she must have noticed. Oh well, too late.

"Hey," I smile, nervous now, "Come in."

She walks in and as she walks by me, I smell that smell, her smell, vanilla and Genevieve. I notice right away she's wearing a dress. I hardly see her in them. But maybe that's because I mostly see her in a school uniform. The dress is teal and faded looking. It looks beautiful on her. I wonder if it was her mom's.

"Parents!" I call, "Genevieve is here!"

"Your house is so nice," She smiles, looking around.

"Well, thank you," My mom walks in, as if summoned by the compliment on her decorating.

"Had the house built to our specific specifications," My dad adds.

Wow, guys, way to brag. "Guys," I say, feeling my face blush.

"That's so cool!" Genevieve says. I look over at her and smile when she's not looking. How is this girl so nice?

They shake her hand and introduce themselves, as parents do, and we make little small talk.

"It's so nice to meet you finally," My mom says at one point, "Danny talks about you a lot."

I blush, "Mom," I mumble.

She laughs, "Oops," But she smiles, like she knows what she's doing.

Genevieve smiles, "That's sweet," She nudges me with her body.

Thankfully, the train schedule makes us have to leave at a certain time though, so when that time comes, we say bye, get in my car, and drive off to the station.

When we get to the city, it's getting dark.

Genevieve smiles [bigger] once she's out of the train station.

"Look at the sky!" She smiles with such excitement, you have to look.

I look, "It's pretty."

"It's beautiful," She corrects.

I smile big to myself.

We get walking and she's looking at everything in awe, I can't help but smile at her child-like excitement. Over the city, over the sky. Over everything it seems.