Part 4 - Meeting Mr. Yellow

The image's link:  https://i.pinimg.com/564x/63/31/49/633149828372b0fa06e2f7316038f765.jpg 

Enjoy! I'm joyed so many people enjoy this work, especially seeing as it's relatively new!

~ Nezumi

Meeting Mr. Yellow

Over the past four weeks, I've made it a habit to pop by the kind man's place for a shower on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I've also made a habit of hanging around afterward with the kind man if he's home.

Today is Friday and I'm just stepping out of the shower. I've acquired another set of clothes since I started frequenting here. While I'm away from the kind man, he will wash a set of clothes and they'll be ready and clean for me to wear when I come for my next shower and I'll leave my dirtied items for him to clean.

I feel like I'm being spoiled.

After stepping into a comfy pair of black jogging pants and a grey T-shirt I check the mirror, trying to put my now visible green curls into some order. It was quite hopeless so I left it alone.

I headed down the hallway, planning to crash on the couch for a quick nap. It's about fifteen minutes to five in the morning so I'll have to wait a little bit longer for the kind man to come home. Maybe I could ask for an apple or something when he comes back.

As I reach the end of the hall leading to the living room and kitchen I halt, one foot still in the air.

Yes, I wasn't imagining things, that's humming and it did not sound like the kind man.

Not that he would ever hum anyways.

In a crouch, I slowly approached and I soon spotted a tall man decked out in leather with studs leaning over the kind man computer, snickering every now and then. I let my eyes narrow in on the figure.

How dare he! He broke into the kind man's apartment and now he's messing with his stuff!

With budding anger in my chest, I tackled the man to the ground, making sure my knee hit his liver on the way down. There was a strangled cry from below me as my knee impacted as we landed on the cheap flooring.

Not waiting for him to recover I quickly grabbed his throat, pinning him to the floor as I cut off his airflow. I watch coldly as the man clearly struggles to try and get something out of his lips but had no air to do so.

Then the door opened behind me.

My head jerks up hopefully and I turn my head in the direction of the door. I felt relief when I see the kind man entering.

The kind man freezes briefly at the sight that welcomes him home. He casually drops his duffle bag by the door and toes off his shoes before he comes over and looks at the man I pinned down and his computer.

"Good job, Stray," the kind man says, patting my head. "Now let him go before he passes out."

Reluctantly, I do so, allowing the man to gasp for air beneath me but not getting off where I knelt on his chest. The kind man rolls his eyes at this.

"Stray. He's not an enemy, just an idiot."

Ah, this is one of kind man's friends. Whoops.

I don't get off right away, I observe him first. Now that I was really looking he didn't look very intimidating. The tall head of yellow hair and outlandish glasses took away the effect of scary man in leather. Now he was kinda just staring at me like a kicked puppy.