Part 9 - A Horse, A Horse, My Kingdom for a Horse!

So glad everyone liked my recent update! I enjoyed writing feel-good scenes and so let's write some more before we get to any action!

I also found the image above and thought it hilarious and decided to share. This is the link:  https://i.pinimg.com/564x/2e/61/04/2e6104291543b53f917ad46fa274e0d5.jpg

Sorry that I didn't have a link for the last one, I had just found that images deep (deep) in my computer files.

Now, I've always imagined Izuku to be the type where he'd give everything for someone he REALLY cares about. He'd give it all because he FEELS with his whole being.--- That's the origin of the chapter title if anyone wonders what the heck it actually means.

A Horse, A Horse, My Kingdom for a Horse!

The talk was inevitable, but I forgot about it in way of savouring the way the kind man cooled my burns, coated them with aloe, and then wrapped them with bandages after the aloe dried. It made my heart burn with a warmth I thought that I'd be left wanting for forever.

Shouta huffed when he caught the small smile that had wormed its way onto my face. "Don't think I'm forgetting how you got them," he grunts as he tucked the end of the last bandage under another to keep it in place. "I also have to tell you something . . . important after we discuss."

My smile drops as a frown takes its place. "Import-port-Important?" I stutter softly. I retreat into myself. The way he said it sounded very dooming.

Shouta raises an eyebrow at my reaction. "Nothing horrible, Stray. Just . . . odd."

Odd? Well, that explained nothing.

"Now," says Shouta, situating himself on the floor next to me. "Why did you burn yourself?"

I almost giggled. Or choked. The kind man was so very blunt.

I shrug in way of answer. I get a dry glare in way of response.

Sighing heavily, I reach up to tug at my hair nervously but grimace when that makes my burns sting as the bandages tighten uncomfortably over the welts. Shouta pulls my hand down when I continue pulling at strands of my hair anyways.

"See," Shouta says, tapping the back of the hand he holds. "This isn't ok." He looks at me with a serious face. "You can't be hurting yourself." He turns his body a bit so he's facing me more directly. "I want to know why you apparently feel the need to in the first place." He taps the back of my hand again. "Because this doesn't look like an accident."

I look away, not wanting to talk but feeling the pressure of not wanting to disappoint the kind man. "I-I-I," I lick my lips, turning my head away. "Don't-Don't, don't kno-know."

Shouta leans forward, making it near impossible to avoid the eyes I for once wishes weren't looking at me.

"I don't believe you," Shouta says. "I think you do  know why you did it."

My body and face crumple. 

Curse his perceptiveness!

I reach up, to tug at my hair, but the hand is pulled down to my lap once again. "It's-it's-it's, st-stupid," I mumble, sniffing, shoulders riding up to my ears. I felt like I was standing in a spotlight for all to see. I felt exposed. Like I was on my back and a knife was heading straight for my stomach and another for my throat.

"It's not stupid," Shouta denies firmly. "Anything that makes you hurt yourself is not stupid."

I shuffle my feet and roll my spine because suddenly I was feeling too many emotions to sit still. I huff some air and tilt my head so I can stare at my shoes.