Electra's POV - Dodging Phantom

I huffed softly. They had only been gone one hour and I was already worried about them. And I hadn't even seen Phantom yet. For a brother, he was extremely overprotective of both Amy and I. I could forgive it if it was just Amy, because if she died, I died, but me as well? That's just ridiculous. He's not my father.

"What did you want to tell us, Electra?". Adam asked. I had gathered them all in one of the hidden rooms that were all over the palace. Amy and I put them to very good use when we were avoiding the council. This one was one of the biggest, with golden walls and red tapestries, with a luscious pink fluffy carpet that blended perfectly with my scales.

"Amy and Quaem have left to find the Orofile so she can become the true ruler and discontinue the council,". The replies were instantaneous.

"What?"

"Why?"

"Does Phantom know?"

"With Quaem, of all people!"

"Why aren't you with her?"

The final question hit me. Why wasn't I with her? She was my rider, my bonded, and I had let her fly off on the back of a tyrant.

"Quaem promised me he would look after her. I'm too obvious,".

"And you trust Quaem?".

"Yes". I looked around, daring anyone to say another word. Striker stepped forwards.

"I trust you, Electra, so if you believe Amy is safe, I believe she is safe,".

"Thank you Striker,". I said. He shot what looked like a triumphant look at Furnace and I frowned. What was that for? Males were so weird.

"Our main priority,". I announced, "is making sure Phantom doesn't find out. The whole point of her going with Quaem is to override the council's death sentence"

"How,". Cherry asked.

"To get the Diadem of Tears".

Atlas looked up. "I thought that was just a legend,".

"It's not,". I answered firmly.

Adam stepped forwards. "When did she leave?".

I paused to contemplate. "A few hours ago. However, I want no one to follow them. This is a journey they have to make alone,".

They all nodded and Furnace spoke up:

"We can't just lie to Phantom forever. We need to trick him into thinking she is here when she isn't,". I nodded approvingly.

"Good idea. We also can't meet up or else it will be obvious that she is missing,". We discussed a few other plans and ideas and filed out of the hidden room. I left last, so I could make sure that the door was properly closed. Subtly pushing it shut with my tail, I flew through the hallways.

"Electra!". I heard my name shouted through the halls and, inwardly grimacing, turned to see Phantom swoop towards me. He hovered next to me.

"Have you seen Amy? The council want her to get ready for the execution,".

"No,". I replied.

"Can you mindlink her?"

"No"

"Why not?" Phantom asked exasperatedly.

"Because ... I'm tired,".

"Seriously?"

"Yes. I think she was in the East Wing,". Phantom turned to leave.

"Or maybe the West Wing. Although, the North Wing sounds familiar. It definitely wasn't the South Wing. Although, it could have been. Yes, she is probably in the South Wing. Or the North, East and West Wings,". Phantom gave an irritable huff as he flew away.

I chuckled as I made my way to the dungeons for the ceremonial unlocking of the dungeon door.

"It's empty!"

"The prisoner's escaped!".

"Guards! Someone call the Guards!".

At the dungeons, everyone was panicking. Amy is thought to be vomiting in her and Cherry's room (they chose to share a room), and I was chuckling to myself as the council ran around like headless chickens. Not that headless chickens can actually run, them and of course.

Daniel and Venia entered the dungeons, studying the broken chains. He turned round:

"There are drops of gold on the floor. The Queen has been near these chains,".

A council member spoke up. "She must have been forced to,".

Phantom peered in. "What's that behind you Daniel?" It was a piece of curled up papyrus and I chuckled inwardly when I saw Amy's handwriting. Daniel unfolded it and held it up, everyone leaning closer to read it:

Dear Odious Council Members, My Esteemed Anchemi and Electra

Following your decision this morning, I came down to the dungeons alone, to visit Quaem. I was shocked to find that none of the council who voted for the execution had actually informed Quaem. Thus, I, of my own free choice, rescued him. I did not involve anyone in this plan, not even my dragon, although it pained me, for I did not want them to face the consequences too. We will return in a few days, when you have calmed down. Before that, I will officially announce that Quaem has been granted immunity and is under my, the Queen's protection. Anyone who publicly disagrees with this will face execution by fire, even if they are on the council.

Kind Regards,

The Queen of Dragons, Amy, Rider of Electra

I turned away, snorting with laughter.

"At least it was eloquently put,". Phantom mutters.