49. Songkran Festival - 10

Kengkla tried to run after Techno, however, someone blocked his way.

"Hey, excuse ..." Kengkla words trailed off when he saw who it was. "Pete, right?"

"Yes, Nong." Pete said as smiled at Kengkla. "I think, it would be best if you let Techno go for now. Let him sort things out by himself. I'm sure that he is quite confused with all things considering."

"But I need to talk to him about ..."

"The kiss?" Pete cut off Kengkla's sentence. "I'm sure you do. But, believe me give him space for now. I believe, he will talk to you again when he is ready."

Kengkla sighed for he knew Pete was right as he hanged his head down.

"Cheer up," Pete said. "If your intentions are pure, I am sure fate will make a way. So, keep your head high and have more faith with your love for P'Techno."

"Thank you, Phee." Kengkla said as he waii.

Pete smiled at Kengkla before he left the café.

Meanwhile, in the hotel pool area, Ae was in the pool with the rest of the guys, however, he swam away from the guys. Once, he was on the ledge of the pool, he climbed out and went to his chair. He grabbed the towel and dried his hands before he took hold of his phone.

Being overprotective of Pete, he sped dial his boyfriend's number.

"Ai'Pete, where are you?" Ae began to say. "I thought you were going to get the sunblock. You've been gone for almost 20 minutes, are you okay?"

"Ae, everything is okay. I am here at P'Techno's room. Do not worry, I'll join you guys soon, okay?"

"Okay."

Pete ended the call and placed his phone on the table.

"Isn't wonderfully that Ae is so protective of you." Techno said.

"Yes, it is. Though, I often remind him not to treat me like some fragile flower. After all, I am a man and I can take care of myself."

"I know what you mean." Techno said. "Pete, please do not tell the others about earlier."

"Phee," Pete replied. "You need not worry about it. It is not my story to tell."

"What do you think I should do?" Techno said. "If you were me, what will you do?"

"Phee," Pete began to say. "Love sometimes make us do stupid things, wonderful things even hurtful things. But I believe at the end of the day, the stupid and hurtful things help us grow more as the wonderful things do. It is a testament of how much we can endure for love and be true to it."

Pete paused.

"Love teaches us a lot of things. But, most of all, I believe it teaches to be kinder to the flaws and shortcomings of others. It teaches us to be compassionate and understanding, when others go astray. It teaches us not to be jaded and start anew."

"Do you think I should give Kengkla another chance?"

"Phee," Pete answered. "It is not my place to say. But, answer me this, Phee. Can you see your life without him?"

Techno was shocked by Pete's question. No one had ever asked him that question, not even his best friend, Type. Even, he did not ask that question to himself.

Since the day he agreed to become Kengkla's boyfriend, never did he imagined living without Kengkla in his life. Even when he broke up with Kengkla, Kengkla was constantly in his mind and heart.

Techno jumped out of the bed and ran towards Pete who was seated on a chair. He, then, hugged Pete.

"Pete," Techno said. "Thank you so much."

"For what Phee?"

"For everything! I have to go. I have to find Kengkla." Techno said excitedly. "Please do not tell the others."

Techno did not even wait for Pete to respond. Immediately, he ran out of his hotel room and went looking for Kengkla.

--- end of chapter ---