Chapter One

ALL QUOTES BELONG TO DANIEL HOWELL AND PHIL LESTER AHHH :D I'M GONNA MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THIS CHAPTER TAKES PLACE SIX YEARS BEFORE THE ACTUAL STORY BEGINS,, BACK WHEN PHIL AND DAN DON'T KNOW EACHOTHER. 
____________________________________________________________

Dan Howell consulted his watch for what felt like the hundredth time and sighed impatiently. It was always like  Liz to be late for anything that was even mildly important...and Chris Kendall's annual back to school party was legendary and therefore the most important day of Dan's life to date...seeing as how this was the first time he'd actually been invited. Dan bent down to lace up his black converses, his jeans falling even further down to expose grey Calvin Kleins that a girl acknowledged appreciatively as she sauntered past.

"Sorry I'm late." Liz apologised with a smile that exposed a cute dimple in her left cheek.

"No problem. Are you ready to go?" Dan got to his feet and slid his hands into the pockets of his extra-skinny-skinny-jeans. Liz nodded, and waved to her dad who was waiting persistantly in his car as if Dan was going to throw her into a passionate embrace at any moment...no matter how many times Dan insisted that he had no interest romantically in Liz. No...Dan had another, more confusing, crush or someone different entirely. They walked in comfortable silence to Chris's house without consulting google maps once (Liz had a creepy, verging on stalkerish, way of knowing where everyone in their year at school lived). The person in question greeted them at the door...if throwing open the door and regarding them with a raised eyebrow and smirk counted as a greeting.

"Hey Chris." Dan said shyly, stepping forward slightly as if to enter the house. Chris casually blocked the entrance with his arm and Dan stepped back, blushing furiously. He'd hoped that Chris had remembered inviting him and Liz....which was a long shot considered the former was pissed when he'd told them they should come along and 'hang'. 

"Don't you remember inviting us, Chris?" Liz said sweetly, fluffing up her chlorine green hair flirtaciously. Chris barely glanced at her, his eyes were fixed on Dan.

"I guess you guys could come in for like a half hour. Soon as it gets going, you're out of here, okay." He said begrudgingly. Dan sidestepped into the hallway before Chris could change his mind and together, the three headed into the living room where the music was so loud it hurt their ears and the alcohol was served by the pint. 

Phil Lester took a tentative sip from his beer and sunk back into the leather sofa, before continuing his conversation with his friend. 

"Yeah, I mean, people call me a mosher but I just wear black jeans sometimes!" He said. 

"Yeah I think people should stop with the labels." Jake replied, eyeing up a girl that was dressed from head to toe in purple, somehow managing to rock the look. 

"Hot." He said appreciately. Phil nodded absent mindedly.

"Sure, I guess she's hot."

"What do you mean, 'I guess?!' [[OMG I SRSLY USE TOO MANY INTERROBANGS WHEN IM WRITING LULZ]] She's a babe!" Jake said excitedly. He regarded Phil with a curious look. Phil merely shrugged and turned back to his beer, trying not to look up as a particularly cute guy walked past; his black skinny jeans low on his hips.

"Don't be such a queer and come check out those girls over there." Jake pleaded, grabbing a fistful of Phil's hoodie and leading him over to a group of slutty girls. The guy Phil had been trying not to look at, glanced over at Phil as he walked past and smiled, slowly but surely. And that guy was Dan Howell. 

                                                                      *SIX YEARS LATER*

________________________________________________________________
OMFG SO CASUAL. IF YOU TYPE 'DANISNOTONFIRE SHOES' INTO GOOGLE IMAGES,, IT COMES UP WITH THE FRONT COVER OF MY OTHER FANFIC AHHH SO CASUAL OMG. Why am i so weird.