The Sibling Assassins

In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun

You find the neck and snap! The victim's dead.

They never asked questions. That was rule number one in their line of work. They had a few sources for finding jobs, some friends who would receive clients, hire the siblings, and act as middle men in the transaction of orders and cash. All they needed to know was where to go and who to target.

And every job you undertake becomes a piece of cake

A killing spree, it's very clear to see:

They were always careful. Pre-ops, as they called their process of stake outs, research, and planning, could last weeks or months. So by the time they went after their target, they could predict every move and knew every characteristic, to the point where either if them could have convincingly acted exactly like their victim. Including, in this case, the incessant singing of "A Spoonful of Sugar" from the Mary Poppins movie.

That a spoonful of poison should get the job done

Get the job done, Get the job done

Just a spoonful of poison should get the job done

And kill you in the most horrific way.

He never seemed to stop watching that movie, and when he wasn't watching it, he was singing the songs from it. Every single day, the target came home, took off his jacket, unpacked his briefcase, and sat in the living room to watch "Mary Poppins," replaying the scene of the nursery clean up over and over before allowing the film to proceed. Thanks to the microphones hidden through out the house, whichever sibling was monitoring him at the time was treated to several hours straight of Mary Poppins's "practically perfect" voice.

An assassin adding to his resume has very little time to play

While bumping off his victims left and right!

When he rose in the morning, he sang about "a robin feathering his nest" to the tree out his window, despite it's lack of birds. In the shower, they heard him snap as he imagined toys leaping into their drawers and boxes. When he walked out of the house, he was singing about bees gathering nectar, and when he returned to re-watch the movie for the millionth time, he strode into the house singing "In the most delightful way!"

Needless to say, both siblings were thoroughly annoyed. They could only imagine why they'd been hired to kill this man, but if it turned out that they'd been hired by his boss because he couldn't take another day of singing through work, they wouldn't have been surprised in the least.

Though intent in his pursuit, he has a light heart at his root.

He knows some tricks to kill off who he picks!

As a result, the two assassins spent weeks with the song stuck in their heads before hitting upon the perfect way to kill this man - poison. "Just a spoonful of poison should get the job done," the one said.

"And kill him in the most delightful way," his sister agreed.

Mercenaries out for hire to anyone who offers cash

Never tire of complete gory tasks

They snuck in, hacking the alarm system remotely, and picked up all their hidden bugs before heading to the kitchen. They mixed chlorine into the sugar jar, and added a pinch of arsenic for luck, even though they had only a minimal supply. Then they went upstairs to retrieve their "bonus". It was the standard deal with their employer - anything of value they could find and take without suspicion was theirs. This ruled out the grand piano, but they walked away with an expensive silk shirt, sixty dollars, and the Mary Poppins movie.

For they take a little loot from every victim that they shoot

And hope their crime is not noticed in time

They didn't leave a trace. The next morning, the man was dead in his kitchen, having just taken a spoonful of sugar before adding any to his coffee. It wasn't until the next afternoon that anyone came to check on him. By then, the sibling murderers were in another country, enjoying the rewards of their latest paycheck before seeking out a new employer. The Mary Poppins movie, originally taken with the intention to burn it, some how wound up buried in their suitcase, until one rainy afternoon it was dug out again.

It had been years since they had killed the Poppins-fanatic and stolen his movie. The siblings were beginning to consider retirement. They'd amassed a considerably large bank account, and were looking into houses anywhere sunny and secluded. Giving up the business, however, was hard.

"Do you remember that case?" the sister asked. It was just one of their many memories, of shadows and contacts, pre-ops and poison, singing and stealing.

Her brother didn't reply. Instead he started singing softly. "For a spoonful of poison should get the job done, get the job done, get the job done. Just a spoonful of poison should get the job done..." His sister joined in. "And kill you in the most horrific way!"

They shared an affectionate glance and a sneaky, evil smile. Then they sat down to watch Mary Poppins, reliving the good times as the music started. For them, the words were changed for ever, and it warmed their hearts to watch the wise murderess instruct her charges in the uses of poison.

As they well knew, just a spoonful of it will get the job done.