05

Daenerys Targaryen is truly a sight to see when his eyes find her sitting on her high throne. Though not the one she desires most.

Percy attempts to hold a mask of indifference when he walks into the throne room, but it cracks slightly as he lays his eyes on the dragon queen for the first time. The Dothraki soldiers move around him, positioning themselves in front of the silver haired, violet eyed woman.

Percy has seen her only a handful of times before, but never in person. Animals eyes are very different from that of a human, and he can't help but scan every inch of her face, analyzing the differences. Her features are more pronounced in person, as well as the way she smiles a small, confident smile when she sees them. No less beautiful, he notes.

Once they're all a few feet away from the steps that lead up to the throne is when Missandei speaks, voice loud and echoing in the otherwise silent room. "You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, rightful heir to the Iron Throne, rightful Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, The Unburnt, The Breaker of Chains."

Every name is like a boost of confidence to Percy as he gazes at the queen, catching her eye briefly before she looks toward the others. He smiles slightly, amusement and slight praise on his face as he continues to stare.

"This is Jon Snow." His eyes are pulled from the queen when Ser Davos speaks, pointing a finger at Jon, who looks particularly embarrassed. Percy rolls his eyes as silence follows, and Ser Davos is quick to continue. "He's King in the north."

Daenerys's eyes narrow on Tyrion before traveling back to Jon. "Thank you for coming so far my lord." Percy smirks at the title. "I hope the seas weren't too rough during your journey."

Jon hesitates to answer, not knowing whether or not to be offended at the title. "The winds were kind your grace."

"Apologies," Ser Davos cuts in, looking a little insulted and Percy sighs in annoyance, "I have a fleebottom accent, I know, but Jon Snow is King in the North Your Grace, not a lord."

The queens eyes narrow slightly on Ser Davos before asking. "Forgive me..."

"Your Grace, this is Ser Davos Seaworth."

"Forgive me, Ser Davos, I never did receive a formal education." She speaks in almost mock apology. "But I could've sworn I read the last King in the North was Torren Stark, who bent the knee to my ancestor, Aegon Targaryen, in exchange for his life and the lives of the North men. Torren Stark-"

"Actually, the last King in the North was Robb Stark, who led the Northern Rebellion against the crown during the war of the five Kings." Percy cuts in, feeling the need to defend the man who he, for a short time, considered a friend. A man who died because of his family.

Daenerys's eyes snap to him, before tilting to the side. "You must be Percival Lannister. I've heard much about you."

"Ignore him Your Grace, he's chatty sometimes." Tyrion says in false sweetness, glaring at his nephew in warning as the queen brushes him off.

"As I was saying," she glances briefly at Percy, who stays silent, "Torren Stark swore fealty to house Targaryen in perpetuity. An oath is an oath, and perpetuity means...what does perpetuity mean, Lord Tyrion?"

"Forever."

"Forever." Daenerys echoes with a victorious smirk, looking back to Jon. "So, I assume, my lord, that you're here to bend the knee."