Visiting

I packed up Sages diaper bag and assembled the stroller into a car seat. I got her dressed in her favorite onesie and made her a bottle. We hopped in the car and listen to her endless crying as I drove the short minutes to the Jeffersonian. Once we got there, I picked her up and decided to leave the stroller behind, opting for a baby sling in my arms. As she tucked inside I put a pacifier in her mouth, temporarily stopping the crying.

After making my way through security, I quickly found the lab. Within a minute, she began crying again and I looked around desperately for Zack.

The crying must have summoned multiple people, including Dr. brennen and Booth, both being excited to see Sage.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. I looked down at Sage, and then back at Brennen.

"Someone will not stop crying until she sees her dad" I sighed. It was sweet, but something inside me feared that this may become a common occurrence.

"I'll go find him. I think he's off with Hodgins somewhere..." Booth said, trailing off as he quickly walked in the direction of hodgins lab.

"How's everything been?" Brennen asked. Sage, who had removed her pacifier by now, tossed the object across the floor. I walked over, slowly bending over to pick it up.

"I've been alright. You know, a year ago I would've never thought I'd be a mom..." I looked around, hoping Booth had found Zack by now.

My prayers were answered as I saw Booth walking back, Zack and Hodgins in tow. Zack spotted us and quickly jogged over.

"Well hello there baby!" He said in his own baby voice, picking a crying Sage from my arms. He looked at me and gave me a sympathetic smile. I gave him a smile back and leaned in, kissing him softly on the cheek. My tired eyes lingered closed a moment. I looked towards Hodgins and he smiled widely.

"Good to see you out and about" he chuckled. Brennen smacked his shoulder, causing him to turn and question her. I looked back to Zack.

"I'm really sorry. Earlier on the phone when you talked to her she stopped crying right away. She's determined to see you." I laughed. He looked at Sage and smiled at her.

"Well you're with me now honey, are you gunna be good for momma?" He said, placing his finger in her hand, Sage slowly quieting down and looking up at Zack. Her eyes widened and she stopped crying. A second later she began giggling, happy to see her dad.

"Do you want to take a break for now to spend time with your daughter Dr. Addy?" Brennen asked. He nodded.

"And you" she turned to me. "You look as if your about to pass out cold. Come take a nap in my office." She placed a hand on my shoulder and I smiled at her.

"That would be amazing"