Chapter 10

I stare back at the ice blue eyes starring back at my own blue eyes. His expression was hard as a rock. Oh shit. I'm in trouble. I smile awkwardly back at him but he still looks at me with death in his eyes. He takes a couple steps towards me and then we are meer inches away.

"I was just leaving. You know. So like, bye! Bye wall, flowers... Devin." I was about to make a run for it when Devin grabs the top of my arm and pulls me back making me hit the wall. I whimper and just stay put. He closes the space between us and looks down at me. His eyes trail down my face for a spit second.

"What did you hear?" He asks looking into my eyes for an answer.

"What are you talking about? Psh. I, didn't hear anything." I try and play it cool but I know I totaly failed at it.

"Your lying." Yup I failed.

I laugh nervously and look away from his knowing gaze. "Please don't kill me. I have a whole life ahead of me. I won't tell anyone, just please spare my life will you?"

He laughs and I look back at his distracted figure. This is your chance to make a run for it Samantha. You can do this. I get ready and then bam I knee Devin and run as fast as these damn heels can go. I turn to look back at Devin and see him kneeled down on the floor with pain in his face. I showed him to never mess with Samantha. Master of..... And then I bump into someone taking them down with me to the floor in the progress.

"What the fuck Samantha," I hear Sidney grown. I look down to her to see her green eyes storming with anger.

"I just got this dress and what happened my clumsy best friend ruins it." I stand up and stretch my arm to help her up. She takes it and then starts to fix her strapless white peplum dress. She then goes on and starts to fix he slightly ruined red hair.

"Sorry," I murmur and look at her with apologetic eyes.

"It's fine, but your paying the drycleaning. Why in such a hurry anyway?" She asks me and looks behind me. I also look and notice that Devin is getting up and is starring right back at me.

"Oh you know, got to go to the ladies room. Bye!" This time I try and run as carefully as I can which is hard. I open the door that goes to the house and then look for the bathroom. Once I get to it I open the door and feel safe. I lock the door and take off my heels that are killing me. A moment later I her footsteps nearing the door and I freeze. Shoot!

"Devin there you are. Where have you been?" I hear my mom's voice say.

"Mrs. Hult," Devin says and you can notice the surprise in his voice.

"Where's Samantha?" That's my cue to show my face. I unlock the door and open it. I give a weak smile when I face them both. "Okay good your both here. Now come on the mayor wants to meet the newly married couple and that's you guys so make sure to make your relationship believable. Yes that means cuddling and kisses." My eyes opened at what she said. Why does this have to happen to me? Now I have to fake being in love with my "husband".

An arm snakes around my small waist and I jump a little at the tingling feeling that sparked in my body. Damn my betraying body. He leans close to my ear and I feel his hot breath.

"We're going to have to talk later Samantha, but right now let's get through this night, my lovely wife." I look to my left were he is and see a smirk playing on his lips. We walk to the ball room and follow my mother to were the mayor and his wife are.

"Mayor Carson this is my daughter Samantha, who you've met before, and her lovely husband Devin Maker," my mother introduces us and Devin shakes hands with the mayer and his wife I do the same. He places his hand back around my waist.

"I've heard alot about your business Mr Maker and I think it is fantastic that two of the best companies in Miami decided to merge," the Mayer says enthusiasticly.

"Well yes it is good but what's better is that I got married to my lovely wife, the women I love," Devin lies smoothly and kisses my cheek to top of his little speech. My cheek tingles with hotness in the spot he kissed me and I blush tainting my cheeks red.

"It's nice to see such a young couple madly in love. Oh, Brandon remember when we were there age," his wife beems with happiness remembering her past. Wow. They really believe we are in love.

"Yup madly in love," I say and force a smile. Devin looks down at me and his eyes are saying I'm not being convincing its either that or he needs to use the bathroom. It could be both you know.

"So how did he propose," Susana, the mayors wife asked. How did he propose? I thought for a few seconds and then I had it.

"Well-" I was about to tell her my fake proposal I just came up with when Devin cut in.

"Actually at first Samantha here proposed to me," Devin gave me his infamous smirk and I just wanted to slap it away. ME! I was then one who proposed! I'm not trying to be sexist here but isn't it supposed to be the guy that proposes.

"Really!" Susana says with astonishment. "That's really brave. I'm glad a women finally shows a man that they can also do what they do."

"Yes you have to show them that we also rule," I say and smile at that.

"Oh but pooh bear you already showed me that in our bedroom," Devin said without a care of who heard. I chocked on my own saliva and even though I knew he was lying I couldn't help the blush that krept to my cheeks.

"Well. Oh honey look it's Linda and her husband. Let's go greet them." Susana grabs her husbands arm and drags him to the back of the ball room and then start to talk with a couple.

"You scared her off," I say to the devil next to me. Like really why would he say that.

"Well I'm just doing what I'm told to do."

"Yeah meaning act like a decent husband not a horny teen who brags about getting some, which you haven't and never will from me," I say and look around the crowded ball room.

"Fine I'll act decent." He tightened his grip on me a bit and led me to a group of men. They were all chatting and drinking wine. When they saw Devin coming towards them they all smiled.

"Well if it isn't Devin. I thought the ground swallowed you alive since we haven't heard from you in a while," a tall handsome young man said with a Spanish accent. His chocolate eyes traveled to me and a wolfish smirk was thrown my way. "Who's the lovely lady."

"Samantha," I say and then he takes my free hand and kisses the back of it.

"Hello Samantha I'm Pablo, Devin's best friend. So are you guys dating?" He asked the both of us. I look at Devin and wait for what he has to say.

"No," Devin says cooly. Pablo looks back at me and is about to say something when Devin continues, "She's my wife."

"Wow I thought I would never see Miami's most wanted player would settle down at a young age," Pablo says with a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

Devin and Pablo so start an argument on who is a more player then the other. I personly think their argument was childish but I wasnt going to say anything. I just stood next to Devin not saying anything until a somebody cought my gaze.