Chapter 5: Interrogation + Irritation pt.3

When the lady with the red hair walked into his cell, Jason decided to cooperate.  He didn't want trouble.  Obviously Percy and Nico were going to cause chaos, so maybe he could be the reasonable one, since the girls weren't here.  The first thing he did was assess the situation.  He reached for his powers and didn't find them, which was presumably the handcuffs.  He looked at the woman.  She sat with grace, cold and quiet.  From the way she had followed them earlier, she was either a spy or an assassin.  He examined her skin-tight suit and found gun holsters and knife sheaths all over, and decided assassin was more likely.  He needed to see Percy and Nico, so maybe if he was good the woman and the people behind that (very cliché) one way mirror would let them see each other.

His thoughts were interrupted by her first question.  "What's your name?"

"Jason.  What about you?"

"Full name."

"Sorry, no."

"You can call me Natalia.  How old are you?"

"16."

"Where do you go to school, Jason?"

"I don't."

"Where do you live?"

"I live part-time at Percy's camp, part-time at the sister camp."

"Where are those?"

"Can't say."

"How did you get that scar on your lip?"

Jason was momentarily bewildered, wondering why that scar was the one she went for, until he remembered that he was wearing long sleeves and his strange looking tattoos and scars were covered up. "Oh, um, when I was like two I tried to eat a stapler."

It was the woman's turn to be confused. He refused to call her Natalia because he knew that wasn't her real name, but guessed it would be similar because of the ease she said it with.  The only one he could think of right now was Natasha, which he would save for the right moment to throw her off balance. 

"Ok, Jason. You've been very helpful so far, but now the big questions.  Why was your little trio here seen with a bunch of other kids, never all together, in Rome and Greece?"

"Well, um, our camps did like this exchange thingy and a group of us went on a tour of the ancient temples and buildings.  Also can I talk to my friends?"

"Do you need a chance to get your story straight?"

"No I just know they're probably making up really crazy lies and it would probably be better if we told the truth."

"I agree, but a couple more questions first.  How did you get across the Atlantic Ocean?"

"Um, we had a boat."

"There were several places you were seen with no access to the ocean that you were seen in, places that would be much to far to walk given the times you were seen.  How did you get to those places?"

"Um...trains?"

"I know that that is a blatant lie and I will get back to that."

"Yeah."

"I'll see if you can see your friends," she said, starting to get up.

"Thanks, Natasha."  She reeled, obviously very surprised and more than a little confused.

"Um, my name is Natalia."  Jason just raised an eyebrow at her.  She closed the door, leaving him to his thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy was hoping someone would walk in after the Cap left.  He was going to get very bored very quickly. Luckily, he was alone for about 5 seconds before someone new walked in.  He was in a crisp suit.  He was short, his hair was a mess, and his shirt had a grease stain on one sleeve, but he radiated power and confidence. He reminded Percy of Leo.

"So, Percy, right?"

"Yep. What's your name?"

"Tony Stark."

Tony Stark?  Where had he heard that name before? Oh! Right! He was the one with the really big tower and the suit made of metal that flies and stuff.  He didn't always pay attention to Annabeth's architecture lectures-hey that rhymed-but he knew that she adored the man sitting in front of him.

"So you're the one with the big tower and lots of money!"

"I'm Iron Man too," the man protested, probably used to being recognized for his most famous feature.

"Yeah but you see Annabeth-my girlfriend-she's super into architecture and apparently the way your tower is built is fascinating, all the glass and stuff.  She talks about you a lot.  I'll be honest I don't listen that much, but it's fun to see her light up when she talks about it."

"Wow, you are a really good boyfriend." 

"Thanks.  I am the best boyfriend in existence.  Also I'm a very good person.  Not a terrorist.  So if you could let me go, or at least talk to my friends, that would be great."

"That sounded dumb, but was somehow an effective plea. Ok. I'll let you talk to your friends if you answer one question, honestly and fully. Where's your camp?"

"Long Island."

"Can you be more specific?"

"Ok, promise that when I see my friends, you'll take us to a bigger room. A nice one. With windows."

"That's a really weird request but okay."

"Delphi Strawberry Service."

"Thanks. I'll be back in a minute."

Percy was alone again, a plan starting to form in his mind.