Chapter 9: Gods

The door opened and two people stepped out. Percy had never seen them before, but it wasn't very hard to guess who one of them was. Blond hair, armor, a cape, and a hammer-Thor has arrived. The other person required more thought. Black hair, black leggings. A green, long-sleeve shirt. A little bit of makeup, though where she had gotten it was a big question, since she looked to be a prisoner. Her wrists wore heavy manacles, linked together, with a chain attached that Thor dragged.

Thor dropped the loose chain to the floor, then placed his hammer on it, preventing the woman from moving. Thor went to hug the Avengers, while the woman stared over at the demigods. Her eyes locked on Percy and so he stared back. Her eyes were green, but not like his. Hers were poisonous, the color you think of when you think of snakes. Her face was sharp and she carried herself proudly, but Percy could see a hint of fear. He didn't know what she'd done, but she was scared that someone here wanted to hurt her for it.

Tony, after escaping Thor's crushing hug, looked over at the woman. "Thor, is that Loki?"

"Yes! You said that the celebration of Christmas is a wonderful time for all involved, and my sister looked so lonely in her cell. We have a winter celebration on Asgard, but it involves many big parades and parties so Loki couldn't go. So I thought that since your celebrations are much smaller there is a far less chance of her hurting anyone."

"Sister?" Clint questioned, still staring at her.

Thor started to answer, but Loki started talking instead. "I am what you Midgardians might call 'gender fluid'. Most of the time I am a man, but sometimes I am not. Today I am a woman, please and thank you." She looked defensive, as if many people questioned her on this and she was ready to lash out, to close herself off and just be angry. Suddenly, Percy remembered someone similar.

"Like Alex!" He called, proud of himself for remembering.

Loki's image flickered.  For a moment, she became a man in a Red Sox Jersey, curly red and orange hair, and horrible scars on his nose and cheekbones. Then, she flickered back. She dropped to a crouch in order to have enough slack on her manacles to reach her face, and rubbed her temples with her fingers. She looked at Percy for a minute. "Yes, like Alex. Now can we avoid talking about your Norse friends? It's giving me whiplash."

She stood fluidly. The Avengers stared at her. "What?" She asked, no emotion in her voice.

"You-the-bu-ahh," Stark stutters, gesturing towards Loki.

"Don't worry about it," she replies. Stark's confusion does not go away.

"Man of Iron, why are there a bunch of teenagers in your house? And why do they have swords?"

Percy had forgotten about that. They had all dropped their abilities when the door rang, but they still held weapons.

"Well, Nat and Clint brought in these three," he gestured to Percy, Jason, and Nico, "cause his record was weird and they had nothing to do, but then they decided to jump out a window, make us think they were dead, and show up today with their friends and superpowers like it's totally normal!" He was out of breath by the time he finished the sentence. "I mean Percy here-"

Thor cuts him off. "Percy? Like Perseus Jackson?"

"Yep," Percy replies.

"You are amazing, young Percy. A legend among my people. We love the tales of your exploits, you and your friends on heroic adventures to save the earth! It's quite entertaining. I am a very big fan. Now would you mind signing my hammer?" Thor pulled some sort of pen thing out of who knows where and gave it to Percy. He then grabbed Loki's chain and handed Percy the hammer.

Percy signed right around the handle and passed it to Annabeth along with the pen, not thinking too much of it.  Thor was grinning widely, happy.  Percy turned back to the other Avengers.

"So do you guys know about Greek mythology?"

Tony shook his head, the Captain, Natasha, and Clint looked confused, but Bruce nodded like he had an idea of the Greek pantheon.

Percy sighed, having very little to work with.

"Alright well we are demigods." He gestured to his friends.

"Like Thor?" Tony asked.

Percy looked at Thor, unsure of his parentage.  "I don't know what you mean by that, so I'm going to go with no.  We are literally half Greek God. I-" he brought a small tendril of water from the pool and made it circle his arm, which he held up, "am a son of Poseidon, god of the sea and horses. You were wondering how I survived? The same way I survived the St Louis Arch. I control the water."

Annabeth stepped forward, finished signing the hammer, and Percy decided to introduce them as they finished signing it.  "Annabeth is a daughter of Athena, goddess of wisdom and battle. Jason, son of Jupiter, god of the sky, who can fly." Jason started to hover to prove it.

"Piper, daughter of Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty," Percy could see doubt on some of their faces, especially Natasha's, so he decided that Piper needed a chance to show off. Nico, who had the hammer after her, froze.

"Aren't you going to tell them my powers?" Piper questioned.

"Show them yourself," Percy replied.

Piper walked forward. "Alrighty, um, Tony. Come here please." He obeyed. "Spin in a circle. Do a jumping jack. Say hi to Annabeth."

"Hi to Annabeth."

Percy watched the look on Natasha's face turn from doubt to awe. Perfect.

"This is Nico, son of Hades, god of the Underworld, and he can teleport anywhere there are shadows, and summon the dead. This is Will, the exact opposite, son of Apollo, god of music, archery, and medicine. Literal sunshine."

"Frank, son of Mars, god of war, who can shapeshift. Hazel, daughter of Pluto, Nico's half-sister, who can summon riches from the earth and rides the fastest horse in the world." Arion disappeared after being introduced.

"Leo, son of Hephaestus, god of the forges, who makes things and wields fire." Leo caught his hand on fire just to show off. "And Calypso, a literal goddess he rescued from eternity on an island. If your wondering, 'like the one in the Oddessy?' Yes. That's her."

"Finally, we have Thalia, daughter of Zeus, Jason's sister, hunter of Artemis. She was a tree once. Don't ask her about it." She glared at Percy for bringing it up, but he just smiled at her in return. "And this is Reyna, daughter of Bellona, a Roman war goddess, who can share her strength with others. Preator to the Roman legion. She will fight you and win, don't mess with her."

"What. The. F-"