Chapter 23 - Theories

[Kylie's pov]

I woke up, feeling the warmth radiating from my mate, I sigh in content and then everything starts rushing back.

I immediately sit up, about to panick again. When I feel his warm hands rubbing soothing circles on my back.

"Breathe baby girl, breathe" he says in a sexy sleepy voice. I do what he says and I'm calm,just like that.

"What happened? How did it happen? Whyy did it happen? How is it even possible?" I whisper to Keagan.

"Well the most reasonable explanation would be, that you were always one, your wolf just never showed herself because you were brought up human, and you weren't taught about were's and you weren't surrounded by a pack.

And the reason why she did now because she had to, your pack members life was at danger, also I'm sure ever since you got to the town your 'subconscious' been giving you extra trouble?" Keagan lists off his thoughts like he's been dwelling on it.

Now that I think about it, yeahh it did actually. I nod, he chuckles.

"Well she was surrounded by the pack and felt their acceptance also she was around Riley alot. She started feeling safe and his acceptance and protectiveness of you" he says and it does kind of make sense.

"But.. " oh lord "your wolf is white Kylie" he says that cautiously. Oh god

"That's bad?" I ask afraid. "No it's just white wolves are extremely rare, I've never come across one in all my years and traveling, white wolves are unique, they're stronger than most wolves, they're special.

Our elders talked about the entrancing beauty and strength about white wolves but many of them never ever saw one, so our generation believed it to be myths and thought they just told us stories about white wolves to teach us lessons about being pure, good, compassionate and obedient like white wolf packs.

Also we were told that alot of white wolf packs were murdered because other wolves felt threatened and didn't like another kind of werewolf being more powerful, having an advantage"

Oh my god. "You have to be careful baby, wolves might still feel threatened even if you're just one" Keagan says softly pulling me tightly against him. "I'll be careful, I promise" he rubs his nose against the crook of my neck, breathing in my scent.

"Also, papa said that he found you 18 years ago, in brookewood, two white wolves there, and he said they nodded and looked as if they were protecting you right?" I nod my head confused.

"I have another theory, 18 years ago, there lived a pack of wolves called the midnight pack in brookewood, they were known for helping and taking in wolves that lost their packs to attacks and that sort of thing, so that they could help wolves from becoming rogues, but they were attacked 18 years ago and it was said that there weren't any survivors but what if the midnight pack took in you and your parents?

And your parents escaped the attack to get you to safety, papa did say that the bigger wolf looked injured, and when papa and mama found you the smaller wolf thought they were going to harm you and that's why it attacked but then heard mama begging for your life.

They might have thought that these two people who just met you put their lives on the line for you, could take care of you and love you? So they left so that no harm could come your way" a traitor tear slipped.

I never thought of it that way. Thinking about it this way is much better than thinking my biological parents abandoned me and didn't want me.

The whole white wolf thing also just couldn't be a coincidence, Keagan's theory might just be right, it sure would explain alot of shit. Wow just wow, a few months back I would of never even imagined up all this shit.