Chapter Nineteen

They walked into Migs and Saskia's house together and headed to the dining room where everyone were at. Yuka still had her arms around of Yvo's and he could tell how tensed she gets with each step with the way she ever so slightly presses her fingers around him.

"Alam na ba ng mommy at daddy mo ang tungkol sa pinagbubuntis ko?" She asked, biting her bottom lip out of nervousness.

"I told them over the phone." Yvo silently answered.

"Ano'ng naging reaksyon nila? Galit ba sila?" Her brows knitted together in a worried line.

"At first, of course they were a bit surprised. But I explained to them everything." He sighed.

Yuka's tiny eyes widened. "Sinabi mo ang totoong nangyari? Na ikaw at si..."

"I left that part out. It's best to not have anyone know. Nang akuin ko ang bata, ibig sabihin akin lang yan, ako lang ang ama niyan. I don't care whose DNA recombined with whose." He said with firm clearness.

She tilted her head up and looked at him with soft eyes when he wasn't looking and let out a small smile. It was at that moment she wished that Yvo was really the biological father of the child she was carrying. Yvo had been nothing but kind to him even when she was pushing him away. Ito din ang umako ng bata nang talikuran siya ng lalaking minahal niya. Even though she knew he would benefit from this, it wouldn't change the fact that he was the only one there for her when no one was. And that was enough for her. 

"Napakilala mo na ba si Krista sa mommy at daddy mo?" She couldn't help but ask as they were walking.

Yvo gave her a sideway glance. "Why'd you ask?"

"Wala lang..." She shrugged.

"They've met, yes." He answered, matter-of-factly.

"Nagustuhan naman siya ng mga magulang mo?" 

"Why are you asking me these questions?" His brows furrowed.

"Syempre gusto kong kabugin yung ex mo." She rolled her eyes. "Dapat mas gusto ako ng mga magulang mo."

A low chuckle escaped from Yvo's throat. 

"Ano'ng nakakatawa?" She frowned at him and playfully hit him on the arm.

"I think you're just being silly. You don't have to worry about anything. Just act yourself and I'm sure they'll like you." Sabi nito sa kanya.

They made it into the dining room. The table was set up beautifully and she easily recognized her Ate's dishes on the table. Mahilig talagang magluto ang Ate niya kahit noong bata pa siya. Nagtitinda nga ito ng meryenda sa tapat ng bahay nila. Her attention went to the man and woman sitting at the table and there was a younger woman with them too. She had easily recognized the woman as she was one of the most iconic international models, Miranda Cordova. Alam niyang related ito kay Migs dahil nakita niya na ito sa wedding party ng Ate niya but she never knew she was related to Yvo.

"Mommy mo si Miranda Cordova?" She looked at Yvo. 

He just answered with a smile.

"Finally." The man stood up from his seat and offered his hand to Miranda. He looked like Yvo but more mature and with a little more ruggedness. He was ruggedly handsome, that was the word she was looking for. 

"Nanay, Tatay." They walked up to them and Yvo took his father's hand and bent his head down so his forehead could touch the back of it and he did the same to his mother. She did the same as her soon-to-be husband did. Nag-mano siya sa mga in-laws niya kahit hindi siya sanay. She was fangirling inside as she touches Miranda's soft hand. She was one of the models she looks up to, dati sa mga magazine at TV niya lang nakikita ito.