Chapter 4: Troubling appetite

"Aren't you going to eat?" He asked, his hand paused in midair together with the slice of chicken that he was about to put in his mouth.

"Not hungry. Can I go now?" I tried to be nonchalant as best as I could and avoided looking at his sexy chiseled mouth that was slightly opened which was quite tempting.

"Eat this first," he said all of a sudden and placed his fork in front of my mouth. I was taken aback and flustered by his sudden action, but managed to stay calm. Thank goodness!

"No, th—" My words were cut off when without a word, he pressed the food in my mouth. I didn't have a choice, but to just chew the food while trying to hide my flushed face.

"Hmmm... Seems like the food is safe," he commented coolly and sliced another chicken, then quickly put it in his mouth. "Wow, this tastes pretty good," he complimented, but I was pissed off. I was embarrassed that I even thought that he was acting sweet, but the bastard did it to make sure I didn't put anything bad in his food.

"Did you think I'd poison you or something?" I muttered bitterly and gave him a dark glare.

"We'll never know..." He grinned at me and continued on chewing the food. Ha! I'll make sure to do so next time. You better watch out you piece of shit! My mind screamed in annoyance.

"So, can I go now, Sir...?" I asked, sardonically.

"You should eat first, Abby. Why the rush?" He said, casually.

"No, thanks. I think I've stayed here for too long already." I stood up, but he grabbed my arm.

"Stay."

"No," I said blankly, yet my heart was beating frantically from his mere touch. We were facing each other in his overly luxurious dining table and since he tugged my arm unexpectedly and a bit forcefully, I was pulled down closer to him in a leaning position which almost caught my breath. I mentally shook my head and pulled my arm from him, then I stood upright. "I'll get going." I managed to utter and averted my gaze away from his watchful stare. It was so distracting and I couldn't think well. What the heck is wrong with you, Abigail?! Snap out of it, you dumbass!

"Fine. You're no fun anyway. I'll see you tomorrow and don't be late or you'll gonna regret it." Hearing it, made my blood boil. "What a cocky piece of shit..." I muttered quietly before I turned toward the exit of the dining area.

"What did you say?" He called out before I completely disappeared from his sight.

"I said, enjoy your meal. It might be your last. Who knows..." I smiled derisively and didn't give him a chance for a retort. I walked off, but before I can go far, I heard him chuckle. I definitely hate you, Xander! Ugh! I marched out of his house, quickly got in my car, and almost kicked the gas pedal because of irritation. I sped away from the Bel Air road toward the main road and kicked the gas pedal even harder. I really wanted to get home and take a cold shower to cool down my raging temper as well as the strong feeling that was fighting to let loose...

====####=====

My eyes accidentally caught something interesting as soon as I got out of my car. A beautiful and sexy woman was clinging to Xander like he was her life source or something. It made me wanna puke. Why wouldn't they get a room instead of loitering in the basement and making out in public. You're just jealous... My evil subconscious taunted, but I just ignored it. A great plan came to my ever smart, pretty head. I smiled mischievously as I approached the lovey-dovey couple. Let's see if he still won't fire me after this...

"You bastard!" I started and almost laughed when I saw Xander's startled face. I continued with my acting, "How dare you do this to me after you've gotten me pregnant! You even asked me to marry you, but... But..." I faked my tears and sniffled. I mentally congratulated myself for being a good actress.