3

Just as Jordan disappeared into the bathroom the bell on the front door rang and a chubby man walked through and plopped himself down where Jordan was sitting.

"Rosalina, yes?" Did he ask in an Italian accent?

"Rose... who are you?"

"Tom. Tom Curtis." He answered politely. He was a pudgy little man, sort of reminds me of an elf for some reason.

"Ok Tom. What do you want?" I forced a half-smile and folded my hands on the table.

"You." He paused and then realized that it didn't sound right. "Well, your help."

"With..." I circled my hands for him to continue.

"Information." He stated plainly.

"What?" Does he not realize he's being extremely bland with his responses? It's more creepy than informative.

He leaned over the table. "You work for Thorns... yes?"

I hesitated before slowly shaking my head no. I eyed the hallway that led to the bathroom hoping Jordan would walk out.

"And your..." He trailed off and stumbled for words, "... boss is Jace, yes?"

I didn't give him an answer. Ok dude, who are you and why do you want to know?

"Well, he made a deal with my boss." He said like it was supposed to mean something.

"You realize I've answered all your questions with no right?"

"They're more of statements of my knowledge than questions. Anyways... he didn't keep his end of the deal. Cost us three of our best men." He leaned back and tapped the table.

"Okay, so what do you want, assuming that I am who you think I am and that I'll help you?" Also, what the hell was taking Jordan so long? Doesn't take that long to pee.

"If you help me, I'll help you,"

"With what?"

He just shrugged.

"You know you're very vague with your answers,"

He shrugged. "Better to say less than more than you mean, right?"

"Well," I stood up and pushed my chair back at the sight my pizza slice being slid over the counter. "you're currently freaking me out, and don't have my help. My food is ready, so, it was nice meeting you, goodbye-"

"I can help you find someone," He stood up as well, his chair scooting backwards loudly.

"Who's it gonna be? Jordan? Because I can give you a hint," I kept my back to him and kept going.

"Your family,"

I spun around and took in the full image of the odd little man. He had tight black jeans, a dark green button up pushed up to his elbows, and a white t-shirt sticking out from the collar of his button-up.

"My... family?" I stared at him with an amused smile.

"Yes, they're worried about you."

"They're worried?"

"Yes, very."

"Funny." I scoffed.

"How so?"

"Because the last time I checked, they were six feet under."

He stuttered and fumbled over his words. He had a thin gold chain hanging around his neck with a ring on it, which he hooked his finger through and moved it back and forth while he thought. He had another black rope necklace on but it was tucked under his t-shirt.