Chapter 47

Recap:

"Well whoever he is, he's so fucking creepy and weird."

He is.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 47

We've been searching through hundreds of racks but I still haven't found my dress.

"Cass, this is pretty." She held up a red backless low cut gown that was floor length.

"That would show too much skin."

She put the dress back and pulled a black silky dress with small sequins on it.

"Too short."

She groaned with frustration and let her arms fly up to the air as I watch her. We continued to search on different racks, I was about to give up when Ally spoke up.

"How about this?" Ally held up a mint green sparkly cocktail dress. It was simple yet elegant.

Just the way I want it to be. It looked so innocent.

"Oh my god, Ally that's the one." I squealed happy and snatched it from her hand.

"Go try it on," she clapped her hands and pushed me to the fitting without mumbling another word.

I took my clothes off and shoes to try on the dress. I unzipped it's zipper and slid it through my body. The fabric was soft yet a little slippery because of the silky lace underneath. The dress stopped at my midthigh, it was crossed laced at the back and the little sequins showered the mid section.

It was perfect, I looked at my reflection which made me saw that the dress showed my curves and clung to my body perfectly. I can't prevent myself from thinking what will Carson's reaction be.

"Are you done?" A knock startled me back to reality.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a second."

I unlocked the door and stepped out biting my lips in anticipation, waiting for her to say something.

"Holy cheeseballs don't you look hot," she winked at me.

I snorted but then I twirled around to show her the back view.

"What do you think?" I smiled widely.

"I think you're going to make Carson fall for your knees the moment he sees you." She purred playful which made me blush.

"Shut up," I muttered under my breath still embarrassed.

She rolled her eyes at me. I turned around to go back and strip the dress off as I put on my normal clothes.

I got out of the fitting room as soon as I am done changing and proceeded to pay for the dress. I placed it on the counter and the saleslady greeted me cheerfully.

"Is this your size ma'am?" She smiled at me.

"Yes," I grinned back as I watch her punch the serial number of the dress to her computer.

"I just want to inform you that this item is can only be changed within three days. And that'd be $479.50"

I fished my wallet out of my purse and saw that I lacked $200.

Damn it.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath, a frown made its way to my face.

Looks like I can't afford to buy it.

"Uhm.. Can I come back later? I'll look for another dress."

Embarrassed is an understatement of what I'm feeling right now.