Chapter 4 (edited)

"What do you mean she doesn't know?" asked dad with complete shock on his face.

"Meaning she knows nothing about her mate," said Tyler.

God he's going to die someday by my hands.

"Why? Did he reject you? How dare he reject my daughter?  I'm going to kill him. Who is he?" dad said getting angrier with every passing second?

"No dad he didn't reject me. And I didn't reject him either." I replied before he could make any more assumptions.

"Then what's the problem here?" dad asked.

At this point, no one spoke anything we were just looking at each other.

"Well? " asked dad. Well here goes nothing.

"He is human." I sighed.

"What?" dad asked.

Something about his way of saying this makes me think that if he was drinking something right now it would have been exactly like a movie where he would have spitted it all out.

"You are thinking about this right now," asked Flicker.

"My bad", I replied to her.

I look around myself and there is a very intense discussion on my mate was taking place. And all these questions and worries started giving me a headache.

" Guys, I don't want to talk about it right now. I am going for a run to clear my head." I told them before exiting my office.

I head toward the woods and take off my clothes. I let Flicker take control and we shift. We start running and everything around starts slurring. I need something to take my mind off the matter of concern.

"Eddy how are we going to find a mate," Flicker asked with worry.

"Or not", I thought, " We'll find him a promise."

"What if he rejects us? What if he feels disgusted with us? " asked Flicker.

"It won't happen. And if it does happen then we will let him go. He is a human so it won't affect him that much." I sighed.

"But what about us?" she asked.

"We will have to deal with it. We can't keep him if he doesn't want us. You know he does have a choice and it's only made sense that we respect his choice whatever it may. We would still have each other and the pack,  we will manage." I told her feeling a tear escape our eye.

After that, she doesn't say anything but stopped near the river and sit down. I know how she feels, we have been waiting to find our mate since our first shift. Mate's being human has helped us, as we didn't want an alpha as a mate. They are just too arrogant to take a female lead. But him being human does increase our chances of getting rejected.