I - Make a wish

Ariela

I woke up this morning happy, surprising since I'm the opposite of a morning person. I knew there was an event today but I couldn't put my finger on what it was. I decided to leave my comfy bed and head to my bathroom, I refreshed myself by taking a quick shower, then I brushed my teeth and put a towel around my body, realising I forgot the bring any change.

I got out of the bathroom directly going to my closet, taking a pair of white ripped jeans and a loose crop top, I went back to my bathroom to style my long brown hair and put some makeup on ( mascara & brows ), I chose to let my hair down and let it wavy, being too lazy to straighten it.

After that, I opened my windows and turned around to see a paper neatly put on my bed.

That wasn't there before, I thought and frowned.

I went to grab the paper and start reading it.
Hello dear, come downstairs ;). It said.

I was still confused and slightly scared now, I held onto the paper and slowly got out of the room, carefully walking downstairs, expecting some murderer or kidnapper I walked directly to the kitchen grabbing a big knife.

I kept walking slowly to the living room, that's when I heard a noise, my eyes widened and my hands were shaky.

" Happy Birthday sweetheart !" Mom, dad and my sister yelled. I flinched and let out a small scream. They held a big cake and I realised my boyfriend and best friends were here too, filming the scene.

They all burst out laughing when they saw my position and the knife I was holding, I put the knife down and watched them laugh:

"You scared me !" I said to all of them angrily.

They slowly stopped laughing and mom started talking:

"Sorry sweetie, it wasn't our intention" she assured me still chuckling.

"But why do you have a knife in your hands though?" My bestfriend Ashley asked pointing at the knife.

"I thought there was a fricking murderer in the house because of that creepy note!" I yelled relieved.

That's when they all burst out laughing again, mom holding the cake in front of me, the candles lightened, as they started singing happy birthday to me, some of them still chuckling lightly, I put the knife on the table and smiled looking at all of them, happy to have them in my surroundings, happy that they were in my life..

"Blow the candles!" Ashley said excitingly

I came out of my trance and blew the candles, my smile getting bigger and bigger realising that I was finally 17.

It's a happy number, I thought.

"Make a wish Ari" my boyfriend Ryan said happily.

I closed my eyes; 'I wish that my life stays like this, loving family, boyfriend, bestfriend.., I don't want anything else'

"What did you wish for Sis' ?" My sister Jamie curiously asked me

I lowered down to her height and quietly said: "If I tell you it's not going to come true anymore" She pouted but understood that I was not telling her.

As the day went by, a few of my best friends and my boyfriend took me to do some shopping and we went to watch a movie and they told me to get something elegant/classy to wear for tonight as they wanted to celebrate my birthday in a 5 stars restaurant, they know how much I love food, good point for that.

🕰🕰🕰————————

As time went by I started getting ready, putting on the dark blue short dress I bought today. With the dress, I bought some dark blue heels to match it, and some silver jewellery.

I really liked the pair because they make me look much taller and I'm only 5"1. I chose to not put a lot of makeup on and stay natural. I slowly went downstairs scared I could fall at any minute because of the high heels I'm wearing.

There was my precious Ryan waiting, as handsome as ever, wearing a dark blue suit he bought today with me, he wanted us to match and I totally agreed with it excited. He smiled gently at me giving me a peck on the lips as my mom and dad wanted to take some pictures of us as if it was prom day. They took a few then we had to leave, Ryan is 19 so he drove us to the fancy restaurant where our good friends waited for us, excited as well to see us, they were all dressed so nicely and I felt blessed to have such kind and generous friends, we were 6 in total and they planned it all together and paid for it.

We went inside :"We reserved under the name Carter , 6 sits please" Ryan asked nicely to the old lady which smiled at all of us, a waiter came over and directed us to a table that had a badge with Ryan's last name written on it. As I was about to sit down Ryan was already behind the chair and being the gentleman he is, he moved the chair back inviting me to sit down, his smile still there, I lovingly smiled back sitting down as he moved my chair with me in it closer to the table.

We all asked for what we wanted to eat and drink and we waited patiently as we all made a small talk enjoying ourselves and clearly enjoying the moment.

I heard some voices loudly talking at the reception but didn't bother to see what it was cause I didn't want to get out of our discussion since it was pretty interesting. I felt eyes burning holes through my back and decided it would be a great moment to see what's happening. I turned around to see a man eyes directed to me, as the man next to him still talked to the manager of the fancy restaurant. The man stopped watching me and I got out of the trance and went back to eating since our food and drinks finally arrived.

I was relieved to not feel eyes on me again, and the loud voices in the back were gone too happily.

Unknown

We finally arrived at that damn restaurant as I clung the pic in my hand tired of searching for restaurants in this city. We entered this one and Lucas started to talk to the receptionist as I looked around, only to find a groups a teenagers, which 2 of them where dressed with the same colours, dark blue.

Dark blue... wait.

I stared at her and I knew she felt it, finally when she turned around I saw her face and I examined her, while she frowned clearly confused.

I finished examining her and thought, it's her..

..............................
HEY Y'ALL
I hope you enjoyed this first chapter, I know there is not much action Yet but don't worry there's much to come !

How was it ?
Did you like it ?
Suggestions ?

Please vote, comment & share !