2.

1 year ago
On a Thursday Afternoon
Around...4 pm...

"I swear, whatever you do in life will be nothing but success baby."

Lakeith flashed his pearly whites as he took a moment to take a glance over at a grinning Maya.

They walked along the narrow sidewalk, both enjoying their sodas that they had just bought.

"You're cute, you know that?"

Maya nudged Lakeith as they continued their slowed stroll.

"Nah, that's definitely you."

Maya laughed and shook her head.

"Maya."

Lakeith stopped walking as he spotted a empty building across the street from them.

"You see that?"

Maya looked in the general direction of his gaze and was underwhelmed at what she saw.

"What? That beat up building over there? What about it?"

Lakeiths' gaze never left the building as he spoke.

"That's potential. There's a For lease sign on it. Do you know what that could be with a little TLC?"

"Uuummm a nice parking lot maybe. Judging by how tore up that place is, that's exactly what it'll be."

Lakeith sucked his teeth at what Maya had said and moved her in front of him as if that would somehow change her perspective.

"It's a pretty nice sized building. 2 stories, no telling how much room inside of it. It could be a small shopping center. If we owned it we could rent to small businesses and profit off of the store rent. Think about it. This is LA after all, everyone comes here to shop."

Maya smiled at Lakeiths' ambitious spirit.

"That's smart. But it's gonna take a lot of money to fix all that up, also to buy the property. No telling if someone already bought it and has plans for it already. Like a parking lot."

Maya smiled as she turned to continue walking.

After a few steps she looked back to see Lakeith still staring at the building.

"Yo, you coming with me or are you gonna just stand there?"

Lakeith looked at Maya and smiled a small smile before falling back in step with her.

Current Day...

"Alright Stanfield, I want you to work the stock room today. We got a lot of new equipment in today and we gotta have it all organized by the end of the day. I'm trusting you to have that done for me by closing time."

"No problem sir, I'll have it done by closing."

Lakeith made his way to the stock room, making sure to scope out the new pile of boxed merchandise.

Letting off a small sigh he hurried to it and began reading labels and making specific sections for each item.

He made sure that each section was neat and tidy and that there was room to move around each section just for safety precautions.

After a whole 2 hours of non stop lifting and moving, Lakeith was stopped by his boss.

"Looks good so far Stanfield. Go ahead and take your lunch, 10 extra minutes for you today."