5. Malivore

As I'm drawing, I hear a knock on the door of mine and Hopes dorm room

As I'm drawing, I hear a knock on the door of mine and Hopes dorm room. Hope groans from where she's painting and goes to answer it. "What?" Hope asked "Is Khalia here?" Raf said from the door. "Sis it's for you. If you two are about to fight let me get my stuff and get out before you do." Hope said and she walks back in to grab her stuff before leaving. "What's up?" I ask turning to look at him from my desk. "Don't "what's up" me. You know what's wrong. You went against a dragon, a gargoyle and a spider by yourself. You wouldn't let anyone help you defeat them." Raf said and I stand up from my desk to look at him. "You weren't even here for the gargoyle. You left and made it seem like you weren't coming back. If Jeremy didn't bring you back then would have come back?" He doesn't say anything. "Exactly. I knew I could handle the monsters and I had nothing to worry about. I can protect myself Raf. I'm not some damsel in distress that needs saving 24/7." I say

"Oh trust me I know that." Raf said "Then why are you getting so worked up about it?" I ask "Because for some reason the universe decided to stick the three of us together and I still care about you two." Raf said "And yet you're not having this conversation with Lizzie who basically did the exact same thing I did. Oh and let's not forget almost died because of the gargoyle that I took on by myself. Don't come at me for protecting this school and the people in this school because if I had to choose them over myself I would choose them every single time. Now we have an assembly to get to and I'm the reason it's happening so I cannot be late." I go to kiss him but he backs up away from me. I ignore the hurt that I get from both him and Lizzie both doing that. "I love you Rafi." I say walking out of the dorm room.

Hope walks up to me as I walk away from the dorm room. "Why do your mates seem to think that if they want to pick a fight to do it early in the morning and do it in our dorm room?" Hope asked "Hell if I know at this point. The only thing I do know is I'm pretty sure they both hate me right now. Lizzie's pissed because I didn't tell her about the monsters and Rafi's pissed because I went against them alone. Rafi may hate me right now, but that's okay with me. I would rather have him safe and hating me because I go against the monsters myself, than in danger and liking me." I say "Raf could never hate you, Lia. I think he is more upset with himself. He thinks that he isn't good enough to protect you and Lizzie. Give him a little time." Hope said "Since when have you become the relationship genius?" I ask "In the words of my lovely sister "hell if I know". But seriously give him time and he'll come around. They both will." Hope said and we walk in the grand hall for the assembly. Hope and I sit beside each other. With me sitting on the end of the row behind MG end in front of Jed.

"Given recent events, some students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future." Dr. S looks from me to Josie. "And I agree. If you are expected to abide by this school's policies, it's only fair that you have a voice in how those rules are made. So, I am forming an honor council. One vampire, one witch and one werewolf, each elected by their peers. Along with our school counselor Emma, whose vote will represent the younger students. Now, I have to go off-campus. In the meantime, I expect you to make good decisions and to vote wisely. That's all. You're dismissed." Dr. S said and he walks to the side grabbing a bag and walking out the side door.