|3| Nightmares

Blue grinned fondly as her sisters bickered and argued among eachother in their trailers. Of course, the beta definitely wasn't a fan of the metal cages, but Alpha was taking them out of their paddock for once! They'd finally be able to roam free and run about, even if it was only temporary...
"I'm telling you!" Charlie began heatedly from the opposite side, "I saw it! It was small and furry and brown and it tried to kill me!"
"Yeah right," Delta snorted, and Blue could hear the smile in her teasing voice, "I doubt anybody would want to kill somebody as annoying as you. What would be the fun in that?"
"Hey!" Charlie cried, "That's so mean! Besides, without me you'd be stuck with boring old Echo and Blue!"
"I'm not that bad," Echo muttered almost immediately, apparently stirred from her own little world.
"Yeah. Afterall, you definitely weren't the one who spent two hours 'analysing' Alpha's shoe..."
"That you stole," Blue finished, her toothy grin slowly growing wider as she recalled the events.

The vehicle abruptly came to a stop, jerking Blue and her sisters against the metal walls just as a faint "sorry!" simultaneously sounded from outside. The raptors excitedly bounced about their trailers as they spoke incoherent words- even Echo seemed excited for once.
"I wonder what we'll see!" Charlie's high-pitched voice rose above the others, "Maybe a buffalo! Or even a lion! D'you think Alpha would let us play with them?"
"Yeah, because we'd totally find some lions and buffalo here," Echo answered flatly, voice practically dripping with sarcasm.
"I knew it!" The youngest declared loudly, obviously not understanding the point. Blue rolled her eyes at this; Charlie may be brainless, but the beta didn't know what she'd do without her. The youngest was the sole reason why the four were so tightly knit in the first place. They all loved her dearly- even Echo even though it usually didnt seem like it.

Sunlight promptly filled the trailer as the door was hauled open and Blue took a step forward, blinking as her reptilian eyes quickly adjusted to the light. The sun's warmth heated up her scales and she basked in it, hopping down onto the warm soil. Her sisters soon followed their oldest sibling, stepping out from behind her.
"Wow," Delta suddenly breathed and Blue simultaneously knew that she was about to crack another terrible pun for the fourth time today. "Looks better than I expected. What do you tree think?"
Echo and Blue growled in annoyance, though amusement soon replaced their dread as Charlie's confused remark reached their ears. "I don't get it...?"
"Don't worry, Charlie," Blue reassured, squinting up at the sunlight trees, "You wouldn't want to."
"Alright, girls!" A steady voice interrupted. Alpha stepped out from beside the truck as he flicked his eyes over each raptor. "We're not gonna be here for long, so I suggest you run around and do your thing before time runs out!" At this, the siblings charged into the undergrowth, audibly squealing- which was mostly the youngest- like a group of mice. Blue let out a screech of her own, taking the lead as her sisters fell in pursuit behind her.

Wait... Was it getting darker? Why were the trees suddenly looming over her? The beta gazed behind her, skidding to a halt as she noticed that the others were nowhere in sight. Swinging in a frantic arc, Blue eyed the reddening sky, watching as the ground below was bathed in shadows and the dense shrubbery gradually melted away into nothingness. Scarlet eyes suddenly appeared infront of her, glaring daggers into her soul like knives.
A set of jagged, uneven jaws abruptly shot through the darkness, closing around the raptor's hide as the snap of bones and shrieks echoed throughout the empty forest.

Blue awoke with a jolt, staring confusedly at the white light filtering through the mouth of the cave. The moon had just about risen above the horizon, the bright silver orb silhouetted against the ocean below. Purples and blues exploded across the heavens like paint on a canvas and stars of all sizes were dappled across the night sky. Another nightmare... She sighed, staring up at the gleaming lights above. They seemed to wink at her as they flickered softly in the ocean of blue. Maybe it was a sign that her sisters were among the stars, laughing and joking with eachother as they always had done.

Looking deeper within the cavern, the raptor was knocked out of her sorrowful demeanour by the sight of the Indominus. The white dinosaur was curled into a protective arc, carnelian eyes closed instead of glaring into Blue's soul like her dream. Why is she here again? The theropod wondered, though her face soon contorted into a scowl when she recalled the recent events. She had been stupid! She was supposed to make sure the hybrid couldn't live any longer! What happened to the idea of 'avenging her sisters'?
Maybe you can avenge them peacefully... The calm part of her mind whispered, but Blue was stubborn and she wasn't going to give in to her conscience so easily no matter how correct it sounded.

She killed them in cold blood! It's only fair if she gets the same treatment!

Does there really need to be more death? Aren't you looking for an escape?

My escape is watching that creature die. It's what she deserves!

Maybe you're just as bad as her now. Is this what they'd want? Is this what Charlie would want? Or Delta? Or even Echo?

Blue screwed her eyes shut, lowering her head onto the ground. She didn't have the energy anymore; did she want to avenge her siblings this way? Would it even be her escape? What if they were looking down upon her with shame?
The raptor sighed out of her nostrils, watching the cloud fade into the chilly night air. Charlie had always said that anyone could change, and that everyone deserved a second chance; the youngest sibling had always been forgiving and kind to all those around her, despite her happy-go-lucky nature. It didn't matter what you'd done or said, she'd never held a grudge against anyone. Blue averted her eyes, her gaze involuntarily shifting onto the large shape huddled into the corner of the cave.
It was so strange seeing the Indominus so calm- the former-beta was so used to hearing the other's calculating and cold demeanour. It was almost as if there was a reason behind all this.
Maybe I'm wrong afterall... Blue blinked sadly. What if all this time she'd just been misunderstood? Maybe there was a motive behind this?
No! She chose this path, she chose to be a murder.
But she hasn't tried to kill me in my sleep yet, has she changed?
Blue's eyes were glued on her enemy, though they gradually softened as time went on. She'd made up her mind; it wasn't good to dwell in the past, right? Her sisters would rather her get over them instead of constantly mope about it. She'd give the Indominus a change to prove that she really had changed.

Closing her golden orbs once again, Blue curled into herself, tucking her long tail under her chin. Tomorrow was a new day- a new day that would change everything. The raptor sniffed, her muscles relaxing as she drifted into the comfortable confines of sleep.