|4| Mt. Sibo (unfinished, old)

Written late 2019

Indy awoke, blinking the weariness out of her eyes as her blurred surroundings gradually faded into view. Scarlet orbs focused on the cave's mouth, watching the sunlight filter through the cave maw, basking the dull grey rock in gold. Shifting onto her hind legs, the hybrid winced slightly as a jolt of pain shot through her aching body. She staggered to her feet, limping towards the bright rays beating into the makeshift-den. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust, but they instantly widened when they did.
The looming mountains were silhouetted against the pale salmon sky as the sun rose high above them. Though a particular mountain caught her eye- the largest one out of the group. Thick, black tendrils of ash curled out of the tip, drifting across the morning sky; a low rumbling seemed to accompany it- something that Indy hadn't noticed before- as the ground trembled under her feet.
Indy certainly hadn't been around the outside of her paddock for long, but she was certain that this wasn't normal. A barely audible shifting noise sounded from behind her, and the Indominus reluctantly tore her gaze away from the sight infront of her.
Ruby eyes landed on the smaller dinosaur in the cave, briefly flicking away as the other opened her own golden ones to stare back up at her now-turned-ally.
Blue stumbled to her feet, clicking confusedly. "What? Have you finally decided to kill me in my sleep?" She inevitably snarled, baring her yellow teeth.
Indy shook her head, merely looking back towards the ash spewing into the sky. Her gaze became worried as she noticed that it'd become thicker and darker. Soon it'd engulf the entire sky, sending the island into darkness.
"Is... that normal?" The hybrid questioned, tail lashing cautiously. The clack of claws halted beside her, and Indy found herself staring back down at the raptor with a questioning look. Blue seemed to freeze, gaping up at the sky with wide amber eyes. "I don't think so," she breathed, tone uncharacteristically soft. "Do you think it's dangerous?"
"I'm not sure," Indy felt a flicker of worry invade her calm demeanour. The ground still shook beneath her feet every now-and-then, jolting Blue sideways. If it is dangerous, I doubt there'd be any way of escaping it. We'd be stuck here, wouldn't we?
"We should go somewhere in the open, right..? Then we won't get crushed by any trees or falling rocks."
Blue narrowed her eyes, her hard gaze tearing away from the sight before them. "Why should I trust you? I mean, you killed my sisters, and tried to do the same to my alpha and me!"
The larger dinosaur couldn't believe how utterly stupid the other was being. She whipped her head towards the raptor, snarling. "Because I'm the only one you have left! Look, I'm sorry for your siblings- I really am. But you're not the only one whose lost somebody! Rexy doesn't care about you, but surprisingly, I'm the one who does! Me, Indy, the big bad hybrid who only knows how to ruin everything!" Indy sighed, anger coursing through her veins. Blue was being so... so... stupid! She wanted to hurt her. She wanted to get the fact that she really was sorry into the other's thick skull. But she couldn't, not if they wanted to stay as allies...

"Look..." The hybrid paused, slightly surprised when Blue didn't make a snide remark. "I never asked to be like this. I never wanted to be a monster. I'm not even supposed to exist, so it's no wonder that the universe hates me... But it's still hard to accept the fact that nobody will ever care about you, and those that do are gone..."
Indy sniffed, eyes narrowing into a glare. She remembered the other Indominus. Her sister, Sunny- whom she had named herself as due to her bright yellow eyes and kind personality. Sunny had always been smaller and skinnier than her older sister, but that didn't stop her from trying to see the best out of everyone and everything.