Chapter 3: How Did You Find Me?

A month had passed since (Name) and Ash had started traveling together. (Name) was slowly tiring of Ash's density and the way it took forever to get from one town to the next because Ash wanted to catch every single Pokemon he could find. "Look (Name), there's a Staryu over there! I'm gonna catch it!"

"Um, cool, Ash. I was actually thinking about traveling on my own for a while. What do you say?"

"Sure, (Name). See you around," Ash said, not really paying attention as he prepared to try and catch the Staryu. (Name), Ash, and his friends Misty and Brock were all traveling together. You could tell that Misty and Ash liked each other, and were currently trying the pair them up, but it was NOT working.

"Um, bye guys. I'll see you two again hopefully," (Name) said, walking down the route with Eevee on her shoulder. The fifteen-year old girl made her way through the route, battling any trainers that requested battles and completely destroying them. And finally, she saw Viridian City...

"Eevee, look, we're back in Viridian City," you say to your trusty partner. "Are you ready to battle the gym leader here?"

"Eve! Eeveeee!" Eevee replied happily. You approached the gym and heard the familiar roar of a car engine. A red sports car appeared. It couldn't be-

"GARY?!" A voice behind me yelled. You turned to see Gary's sister, Daisy. "What are you doing so close to Pallet Town? I thought you already challenged this gym!" (Name) took the opportunity to duck into the Pokemon Center. You opened your PokeGear and found the text from your friend Jamie.

(Name), Gary told me that he's looking for you.

I think he wants to travel with you again. This is

NOT a joke. I'm not kidding. You're traveling

with Ash now, right? So yeah, he says that he's

gonna find you, but I'm not sure. I mean, you

could be out of the region for Pete's sake. And

before you ask, no, I do not know why he's still

looking for you after a month. I think he has a

crush on you Don't hate me, but I ship you

guys. (Ship Name for you and Gary) forever!!

-Jamie

That had been a few weeks ago. (Name), of course, did not believe that Gary would still be looking for her after a month.

Jamie, that's nonsense. I don't believe you, I'm

sorry. But he hates my guts too, and I don't know

why he would want to see me again. Anyway, I

can't wait to see you once I beat the last Gym.

That cheesecake of yours better be waiting O_O

Just kidding XD See ya later. And do NOT ship me

and Gary. Mention (Ship Name for you and Gary)

again and I WILL kill you next time I see you.

-(Name)

Now here he was, the childhood rival that (Name) had hated for so many years.

(Name)'s POV

Had Jamie been kidding? She must've known that Gary was coming to Viridian City, so she made up all those things to make me feel like Gary had been looking for me. Fat chance. He would never like me in a million years.

Jamie was always trying to pair us up. I don't know why, though. We don't belong together. We hate each other... I think. Apparently. GAAAH LIFE IS SO CONFUSING!!!!!!!!

I finally got the guts to go outside. I slipped past Gary and his fan girls and went into the gym. "I'd like to challenge the gym leader here," I said.

"That will be me," a voice said. "Three Pokemon each. No time limit." He took out his first Pokeball. When the ball opened, a Kingler was inside.

"Go, (Grass or Electric Pokemon)," you say. "Use (Grass or Electric Move) on Kingler now." Since it was super-effective, Kingler was finished off by (Grass or Electric Pokemon)'s (Grass or Electric Move).

"Go, Golem," the mysterious gym leader said. You withdrew (Grass or Electric Pokemon).

"Go, (Water, Ice, or Ground Pokemon)," you said. "Use (Ice, Water, or Ground Move)." (Water, Ice, or Ground Pokemon)'s (Water, Ice, or Ground Move) easily defeated Golem.

"You may use two Pokemon for the next Pokemon I have," the gym leader said. I chose (Pokemon) and (Pokemon) to go up against the gym leader. A figure appeared. It was somewhat shaped like an over-sized cat on two legs. I checked my Pokedex, but there was no entry for the Pokemon.

"Mewtwo, use Psychic." (Pokemon) and (Pokemon) were no match for it. I blacked out.

My eyes slowly opened. I saw the a familiar face staring down at me. "Gary?" I asked.

"(Name)? About time you got up," he snorted, his worried expression disappearing quickly. I scowled at him.

"Thanks for all the concern." He just smirked that annoying smirk.

"So, how many badges have you earned? I have TEN," he bragged.

"Seven. And you do know it's technically impossible to earn more than eight badges in every region, right?" I asked him. He shrugged, not knowing why and not caring.

"So, I heard you were no match for the gym leader here. Well, I'm about to kick his butt and you have to watch." I glared at him.

"Who said I had to watch you battle?" I asked suspiciously.

"You're supposed to travel with me again," Gary said, dismissing the topic as he dragged me toward the gym.

"Put me down, I'm still weak from my injuries ya know," I said irritably. He ignored me and tried to take me into the gym with him, but the guards didn't let him.

"Stay out here and don't move," he commanded like he was the boss of everything.

"Whatever. And by the way, I heard from Jamie that you've been looking for me for this past month. Why were you looking for me? And most importantly, how did you find me?"

"Jamie was wrong. I was NOT looking for you," he said, although there was uncertainty in his tone. "Really. I don't know what's gotten into her these days."

"So you weren't looking for me?" I asked, feeling a pang in my heart. But why should I care? "So the way you found me was entirely coincidental?"

"Yes," he replied irritably. "Stay out here and I'll be back once I kick this gym leader's butt." I scowled after him as I sat down on a wooden bench and pulled out my journal.

Dear Diary,

Guess what? It looks like I'll be traveling with the jerk again. He somehow found me in Viridian City. I left Ash because he was getting on my nerve with his density and the way he travels so slowly.

Jamie says that he was looking for me all this time, but I don't believe her, since Gary denied it right in front of my face.

That's all for now. I hope I won't catch jerkophobia from him along the journey- Gary hasn't changed one bit since the last time I saw him, unfortunately -_-

-(Name)