Chapter 18: The Deal

The rest of the night and the next day was completely awkward for me and Sarah.

I decided to stay at Tori's place because I didn't want to have another encounter with Sarah on the way home.

I'm glad she didn't push me this time.

I guess she's mad that I was blaming her.

I can see, she was still confused about my outburst.. about that thing that happen in the party. My vague answer about it.

"So what is it? I know something happen during the scavenger hunt. You and Sarah were acting weird. Plus you didn't ride with her this morning." Tori asked gently.

"I.. I told her.. I told her about the party." I replied in a low voice.

"About Stella?" She asked again.

"Not exactly... but sort of. I just told her that something happen and that I'm having nightmares. I kinda blame her. I'm the worst." I said while tears are starting to fall in my face.

She hugged me tight.

"You're not.. Liv. You're amazing. What exactly did you say?" She replied softly then asked again.

"We were just really drunk and tired. She was pushing me for answers and I got frustrated. I told her about regretting the contract.. and me coming back home. I mess up.. She's gonna hate me now." I said as I hug her back as tight as I could.

"Maybe I can help.. It will be easy if you just tell her the truth." She said.

"Huh?" I looked at her confused.

"The truth about Lacey's party. I know you said you don't want her to worry but.. is it this what you really want?" She asked softly.

I don't even know what I want.

"Liv.. is there something else you want to share with me?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The other reason why you were avoiding Sarah." She said.

I gulp once.

"Does this have something to do with your feelings for her?" She asked gently.

I nodded slowly.

There is no point in denying it.

I'm sure she already knows even way before today.

She sighed.

"So you still have feelings for her?" She asked again.

"I think.. I mean I don't want to... I didn't plan for it to happen. It started after we pretended to act like a couple months ago. It's really hard having this feelings and not having them returned." I said gently.

She nodded gently.

"I know the feeling." She said.

I pull away from the hug and face her.

"Oh c'mon, don't tell me you didn't notice." She said as she playfully nudge my side.