The Counsel of Elders (Chapter 2)

Eragon wakes up. Paolini's keeping the tradition alive, folks. 

He stares at his dragon for a few minutes. It's "an awesome sight." I sincerely doubt it, but I'm a killjoy so who knows...

He's filled with anguish about the previous day's events. I don't remember a single thing that happened because that's how much I'm invested in Eragon's troubles. Everyone in this world could be killed off and I wouldn't care. 

WHAT? MURTAGH'S GONE? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE WAS THE ONLY DECENT CHARACTER IN THIS BOOK SERIES. I DON'T KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO SURVIVE NOW.

Well...I could drown my sorrows in school reading...but I'll press on for now. 

Oh hey, Eragon's being tortured by his wounds. Good, good. This is excellent. Now the readers can feel pretend sympathy for him because he's suffering for his idiocy and doesn't realize it. 

Random guy off the street: "But you like Fullmetal Alchemist! That's essentially one guy suffering for his idiocy and everyone sympathizing with him."

Yes, random guy I don't know who conveniently showed up to ask me a relevant question. That is a different situation. I actually like that MC. I hate Eragon with a burning passion. That MC changes and grows. Eragon is still the same whiny, pathetic excuse for a hero he's always been.

But back to the *sighs* novel. 

HAHAHAHA...everyone reveres Eragon now. This is so stupid. 

Apparently there's a possibility Eragon could take over the Varden. I say this is futile, except it's this book, so I'm sure it's inevitable. 

Skipping past the entire page dedicated to the Elders summoning Eragon, he arrives. They name someone for succession that Eragon seems to not like. I mean, that's understandable, since he wants to take over the Varden himself, right?

Well, it seems the Council wants a puppet. Huh. It's not like we've ever seen THAT before. 

Also since when did Eragon become smart in legal matters? I really don't see him gaining that much knowledge since he left home. 

Also they're afraid of a pipsqueak. Yeah, I said it. I can take the backlash. Come at me. 

So this lady the Council wants to appoint accepts. I could care less what she looks like, since she's probably another female character with no personality.