Chapter Twenty- Nine

Phoebe

I feel like death warmed over. My head hurts, my body aches, and I can't seem to get warm. I haven't been this sick in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I get the normal cold every year but whatever I have right now is far beyond a cold. Hopefully the doctor will be able to tell me what's wrong; the nurse left with the tests for strep throat and the flu a while ago. I just wanna go home and curl back up into bed. I was about to open the door to find out what was taking so long when I heard a knock at the door. The doctor walked in and smiled down at me.

"Good morning Phoebe. How are you?" She questions.

"I've been better. I just wanna go home and go to sleep."

"I can understand why. The results are back from your tests. You tested positive for both types of flu, I'm gonna send you a z-pack to the pharmacy. You can take pain relievers for the body aches and fever. I have printed you a note for school. You will need to be out until you finish your medicine. You also need to try to isolate yourself so it doesn't spread."

"That's probably already happened." I say under my breath thinking about the boys.

"What did you say?" The doctor asks me.

"Oh um I have probably already given it to a couple of people."

"I'm guessing you are talking about Kade and Gage?" she questions again.

"How did you know?" I look at her baffled.

"This is a small town sweetie, any news gets spread quickly. You three have been the topic of discussion lately. You can tell the boys to make appointments and we will test them."

"Okay." I mumble and look down at my hands. I knew this relationship was unique and I knew people would talk. I just didn't expect it to become the gossip of the town so quickly.

"Phoebe are you alright?" I'm asked while deep in thought.

"Hm. Yeah." I answer snapping my head up to look at the doctor and from the look on her face she knows what I was thinking about.

"Phoebe, most people in this town know the boys very well. No one is surprised that they would be attracted to the same person. What has surprised most people is that they have labeled their relationship with you. They have never done that before. There will always be people who are afraid of the unconventional, so I'm sure you will have some bumps in the road but just remember most of us don't care. It's nice to see the boys happy."

"Thank you."

"Anytime. Go home get some rest. Hopefully the boys with avoid catching it." She speaks and smiles as I exit the room.

————————————————————————

Four days later

The boys did not avoid catching it. They tested positive later that day too. All three of us have been isolated in their house since to keep it contained. My mom or Thomas have checked on us everyday and brought food. We have spent eighty percent of our days asleep in our own beds and the other twenty has been curled up together in one of their beds watching a movie. Thankfully we took our last dose of medicine last night.