Part 12

CHRIS’ HOTEL ROOM

Sarah sits down on the bed, her eyes are watering. “I am what I am, Chris. Look at me. I can´t be someone else for you.”

“You don´t have to! You just have to get your life into order, damn!” Chris tells her and runs his fingers through his hair.

Sarah whipes away a tear and looks up to Chris. “Why do you care about my life at all?” Chris feels anger coming up. What does he have to do to make her understand what she means to him? He grabs her at her arms and pulls her up, his face now close to hers. “Because I love you, damnit, can´t you see that?”

Sarah stares at him, shocked, and Chris looks straight into her eyes. “What?” she whispers.

“I love you Sarah… and it breaks my heart that you won´t let myself get close to you…”

Sarah looks down. “I think you deserve better than me, Chris.”

“I wanna help you, we can make it together, I am sure of that” he tells her, still holding her. Sarah shakes her head. “You don´t know me at all…” she whispers. “I would ruin everything. I would just hurt you, and you know that. I won´t change. I am what I am.” She frees herself from his hug and steps back.

“Sarah… please don´t say that…” Chris begs, afraid of her leaving.

“Let me go Chris. Maybe we should try to keep a distance.” She grabs her bag.

 “I am sorry Chris” she whispers with tears running down her face.

“Don´t go Sarah…” Chris whispers back at her.

But there is nothing he could say right now that would make her stay. And he knows that.

As she closes the door behind her, he sits down on his bed and stares at the door.

She´s gone.

And he knows he will never be the same again.

THE END