epilogue.

EPILOGUE.

they had come a long way.

from practically strangers, roaming the same school hallways and adoring the same people to walking those halls hand-in-hand and adoring each other more than they possible.

it was crazy to think that it all began with a stupid, childish deal to fake a relationship for such absurd reasons as to make an ex girlfriend jealous or anger an ex best friend, but that was in the past. sure, classmates still made comments, unwilling to let go of the whole 'fake dating' fiasco, but they didn't care. they knew what they had and they knew just how scarily real it was.

of course, there were obstacles the couple had to face. mike's dad moved out and the divorce was finalized, leaving his mom and holly the house. mike also had to face el's father, and not as the troubled kid his step-son was lifelong friends with but as his daughter's boyfriend. that talk was excruciatingly uncomfortable but he survived. he even fessed up to egging their house a few summers back.

el and mike were both accepted to the local university and were planning on moving into together after their second year -- when they were both at least 20 and the thought of them alone in the same room didn't make her gun-carrying father fume.

as for right now, they're just trying to make it through graduation. it was proving pretty difficult for them, though, as the last few weeks of school were practically pointless for seniors. this prompted them to find other ways to entertain themselves during school hours.

"baby, you have to stop giggling," he whispered, his lips dragging across the porcelain skin of her neck.

she couldn't help it, though. his beloved curls kept tickling her chin and she just couldn't contain it. mike had her pressed against a shelf in the ancient philosophy section of the library, the part no students ever wandered to because just the thought of reading about 'ancient philosophy' was mind numbing as is.

el's spanish class had been cancelled, for like the hundredth time that school year, and mike had a free period so they found themselves doing what most teenagers in love would do during any and all of their free time.

they were making out.

while el really loved mike, she loved his lips almost equally as much. the way they would caress her skin made her melt like ice in the summer.

in effort to keep her quiet, he placed his swollen lips on hers again. it seemed his attempt was short lived because she sighed in bliss when his tongue pierced into her mouth to connect with hers.

his lips pulled away with a pucker, "el, we're going to get caught if you don't hush."

she frowned at his scolding before an idea came to mind, followed by a mischievous smirk. "then why don't we go somewhere we can't get caught?"

his bold brows furrowed, "like where?"

she bit her lip before revealing, "well, how about my house?"

this time his eyes bulged, "you want to skip school to go make out at your house?" she nodded. he grabbed her face, examining it very closely. "who are you and what have you done with my girlfriend?"

she suppressed her laugh before linking a brow, "so, is that a yes or?"

"it's a fucking fuck yes," he vulgarly replied before pulling her away from the shelf of books and hurrying out of the library with his girlfriend in tow.

they made it to his car without getting caught by any suspecting staff or faculty and el finally let her infectious giggles out before hopping in the passenger seat. as mike started his car, she watched him tentatively. god, she loved him so much that it scared her. a good scare though, the type of scare she'd been lacking her whole life.

he noticed her staring and asked, "like what you see?"

"love it," she smoothly replied, having picked up on his sly mannerisms from all the time she'd been spending with him. "now, drive before i freak out and change my mind," she warned, trying to suppress the worry skipping class brought her.

he nodded and pulled out of the parking lot, cruising to her home as fast as he could without speeding too much. el was very adamant on abolishing his 'it's only illegal if you get caught' mindset so he was more than willing to lose the careless attitude to put the girl he loved at ease.

they honestly made it to her house in record breaking time, but, to be fair, there was a serious lack in traffic from everyone being at work or at school during this time.

el and mike practically ran into her house and up the stairs, stumbling in their love-drunk stupor. they finally reached el's room and mike pulled her to his chest, kissing her once again but just as passionately as before.

to his dismay, she pulled away rather quick. he scrunched his brows in confusion, "babe, what's wrong?"

she shook her head with a soft smile. "nothing is wrong, mike. that's just it, everything is perfect -- really, really perfect, actually."

he nodded in agreement, "yeah, it is." he leaned back down to connect their mouths again, but she stopped him. "what is it?" he questioned, still confused.

she nervously gnawed on her lower lip before confessing the thought that'd been leisurely ruling her mind for months now but more consistently over the past week or two, "i want you."

"i want you, too," he replied, not fully grasping the meaning of her words. she knew they were vague, but she expected her usually dirty-minded boyfriend to catch on quicker.

she rolled her eyes before grabbing the hem of her shirt and pulling it over her head in clarification, "i mean, i want you, mike. i want all of you."

he was stunned, too busy taking in the sight before him to think of a coherent response, "you- are you- you're sure?"

she smiled and nodded, "i love you."

she did, she really, really did. through it all, all the lies and pain and suffering, she loved that boy. she withstood the downpour of heartbreak that came with blurring the lines of a faux love to fall in love with her fake boyfriend.

except this time, it was so, so real.

"i love you, too."

...

a/n: she's finished!! i hope u loved her bc i sure did!!! ok, thanks for everyone who kept this book in their libraries during my writing droughts!! love u guys sm, xx

word count: 1114