CHAPTER EIGHT

GRINGOTTS

George Weasley, of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, was sat at his desk, only fifteen minutes before the shop was to open, trying to fix the kinks in a new trick for their spring collection.

His office was cluttered with smoking things and fool mirrors. Small dragon replicas were wrestling with each other on the floor, where an issue of The Quibbler was left forgotten. George was beginning to get frustrated with the new trick when one of his employees, Bobby Hazel, knocked and then entered.

"Mr. Weasley, your brother is here," Bobby informed him.

George leaned away from his project, stretched, and yawned. He nodded, "About time. Tell him I'll be down in just a moment."

"Yes, Mr. Weasley," Bobby left, closing the door behind him.

George sat there for only the briefest of moments, before he stood up and reached for his purple suit jacket. He slid his arms through the sleeves, straightened out the fabric, and then picked up his wand, accidentally knocking over a picture frame in the process.

He hesitated and then with great care, set the frame back up. The portrait depicted himself and his twin brother, Fred, at the Yule Ball in their sixth year at Hogwarts. Even though Fred wasn't here, his spirit still lived on in their store.

George smiled.

-

Ron and his wife Hermione were waiting for George at the bottom of the stairs. While Hugo, their youngest child, ran wild among all of the tricks and candies. "Don't touch that, Hugo," Hermione warned, just as George made his way down.

"So, have you thought over my offer?" George asked Ron, and Ron nodded.

"Yeah, I did," Ron smiled, "I'm in. I've already given the Ministry my two weeks notice. I'd say I've done my time."

"Great," George beamed and led them towards the little café where they sold all sorts of bubbly drinks and steaming cups of strangely flavored teas.

"Where are Angelina and the kids?" Hermione asked.

"She was here a couple of days ago," George said, "but her father needs all the care she can give him. The kids are with her right now. We've been switching off."

"No improvement on his health, then?" Ron sighed.

"Nope," George shook his head. "Anyways, I'm grateful you're coming to work for me. Since this thing with Angelina's father, it's hard to run the shop with just me and Bobby. Of course, Charlie comes by sometimes."

"No problem," Ron smiled, "You make more money than I do, and Merlin knows I need more than a break from the field."

"Mum! Mum!" Hugo suddenly came barreling towards them, and yanked on the sleeve of Hermione's robes. "Can we go shopping now? I really want to look at the broom shop."

"Alright, but first we need to stop by Gringotts," Hermione smiled. "We'll see you at Florean Fortescue's?" she asked Ron.

"Sure," Ron smiled and kissed her cheek, "I'll meet you there." He then watched as Hugo dragged his mother from the shop and out of sight. "I love that woman."

-

Hagrid had a mug in one hand and the Daily Prophet in the other. Kingsley wanted to meet him there to talk about something serious, but Hagrid already had a clue as to what was so important. Yesterday morning, while he was reading the paper, he saw an article talking about the necromancer.

Now, he didn't want to start worrying himself sick, but the only necromancer he knew was Cecelia. And, as far as he knew, she was the only living necromancer in the world. He had gone to her and Sirius's house the night before, right after he heard the news, but she wasn't there.